Sun Ship Game DVDs on the way to me

Old December 12th 09, 06:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Default Sun Ship Game DVDs on the way to me

Hi,

Friday the manufacturer sent me a note stating that the Sun Ship Game DVDs
shipped on Friday. I should receive them on Tuesday (December 15) or
Wednesday (December 16). That is great news! I had been worried that there
would be some delay, but they will be here in time for you to give them as
Christmas gifts.

You can see details he
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com/videos.htm#SunShipGame

As expected, this DVD has already been extremely popular. I have many, many
customers that have ordered it. But I ordered plenty to cover all orders
and many more.

I can't wait to watch this high quality version myself. I had purchased it
on VHS many years ago and also received a low quality DVD version.

Happy Holidays,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

Old December 12th 09, 09:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tom[_9_]

Actually, the Sunship Game is on the way to many commercial gliderport
operators around the country who will appreciate your support.

Tom

Old December 13th 09, 06:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_5_]

On Dec 12, 12:40*pm, "Paul Remde" wrote:
[...]

Awesome! I can't wait!
Old December 16th 09, 09:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
tstock

On Dec 13, 1:00*am, Tony wrote:
[...]

Paul have you watched the DVD version yet? How is the video quality
compared with the VHS?

thanks
-tom

Old December 16th 09, 11:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Hi Tom,

Today I received a large batch of the Sun Ship Game DVDs. They look great!
I and my assistant shipped many of them today and should be able to ship the
remaining orders tomorrow.

I just watched the new DVD of "The Sun Ship Game". The quality is
excellent - as long as you realize that the film is not in High-Definition
and it is grainy due to the film used at the time. As with all movies
recorded to film, you can see the imperfections of the film (little flashes
of "stuff" on the film) from time to time. It is much higher quality than
the VHS version I have. I'm very happy with the new version!

The DVD also includes a few dozen photos in the "Gallery". Some appear to
be from the film. Some may or may not be from the film - I'm not certain.

I will be updating my web site tonight with scans of the artwork on the DVD
case. The case includes some nice articles by Robert Drew and a review by
Doug Jacobs. I will also take some new screen captures of the film using my
computer and put them on my web site - so you can judge whether the quality
is better.
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com/videos.htm#SunShipGame

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

Old December 17th 09, 05:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Hi Tom and everyone,

Tonight I updated my Videos web page with new scans of the Sun Ship Game DVD
case and video screen captures of the new version. I kept the old screen
captures on the web page so you can compare them to the new screen captures.
The new version is sharper and more vivid.

http://www.cumulus-soaring.com/videos.htm#SunShipGame

As you would expect, the DVD is selling extremely well. It was fun watching
it again tonight.

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

Old December 20th 09, 05:53 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Those screen captures tell the tale. Now I am REALLY excited to watch
this restored version! Thanks Paul