Missing C-150s at OSH

Old July 30th 06, 01:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Dave Stadt

Default Missing C-150s at OSH

Not to worry, the C150s are on the way. Last I heard they are 100 miles out
and should make OSH in about three weeks.

"Charles Talleyrand" wrote in message
oups.com...
I'm upset at the EAA!

There were no Cessna 150s doing a full power scream-into-the-air
takeoff during the airshow. Instead they used F-18s.

There were no Cessna 150s parked with pride between the B-1 and the
F-16. Instead they used a DC-3.

The designers of the Cessna 150 didn't give any speaches, being bumped
by some guy named "Rutan".

The display line, filled with Staggerwings and Electras, was lacking a
Cessna 150.

Even the Cessna display, though it had Citations and Mustangs, was
missing the Cessna 150.

I understand that the Cessna 150 is a rare aircraft, but couldn't they
have found one? It would have made the show for me. That crappy
Lancaster was a poor substitute!

-Kitplane01

Old July 31st 06, 02:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Charles Talleyrand

Jim Macklin wrote:
bitch, bitch and more bitch. Are you sure the 150 were not
in the camping area?

It was a joke.

Yes, there were 150s in the camping area.

Old August 1st 06, 06:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Montblack[_1_]

wrote)
I chuckled when I noticed the first plane into the air after the F-22
Raptors quit beating up the airfield was a Cub!

We suspected everyone else was afraid to go up!

"Are they gone?"
"Not sure."
"Go up and find out."
"No, you go up."
"Not me!"
"Let's get the Cub to go up... Hey, Mikey!"

Montblack
BTW Ryan, thank you for your assistance Saturday morning.

A CAP officer picked my camping things up - CAP dispatch (etc) didn't know
CAP had my stuff. The colonel who brought the load in to the compound wasn't
around to be contacted, until later in the day.

Live and learn!

It was the Oshkosh equivalent of leaving something out, overnight, too close
to the curb. My fault -Doh! Scavenging is [E]xpected at an [E]AA event. g

Can't say enough good things about the CAP officers I met. Very nice. Very
helpful.

Dave from Indiana
Jim (and son) from Kansas

When Mary and Jay departed Sunday, I was right there - leaning on my
minivan - waiting for her to taxi out.

Old August 1st 06, 04:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting

Montblack
BTW Ryan, thank you for your assistance Saturday morning.

No problem!

-Ryan