Govt Plates

Old November 26th 06, 03:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Sam Spade

Default Govt Plates

Sam Spade wrote:

A few of the headquarters attornies I have dealt with on technical
airspace matters have often been very good. These folks are the kind
who prosecute hapless pilots.

I meant to say these folks are the kind who do not prosecute hapless pilots.
Old November 27th 06, 03:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

Newps wrote:
Judah wrote:

Newps wrote in
:

See Denver. The controllers have to go thru the same TSA screening that
passengers do to get to work.

Yeah, but Denver could be a terrorist target. If you don't believe me, just
watch Jericho.

But the point is not only is the tower not way off on it's own, it
springs from the middle of the terminal.

Actually it doesn't. The control tower is at the base of the center
module of Concourse C, the farthest out from the terminal -- a little
under a mile north of the terminal. Concourse C is in the center of the
fully built out apron area, as the master plan calls for Concourses D
and E to be built to the north when needed.

Old November 27th 06, 03:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

Jim Macklin wrote:
That will change with the new tower, when is it scheduled to
begin construction?

There is no new tower contemplated at DEN, to my knowledge.

Old November 27th 06, 07:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Blanche

Jim Macklin wrote:
I understand that all FAA facilities are being surrounded by
marsh and bogs and populated by swine to keep all Muslim
extremists away. There is some question about the swine,
are they FAA lawyers, unionized or just plain old pigs?

"Sam Spade" wrote in message
| Blanche wrote:
|
| But the Tracon is nowhere near the terminal (altho on
airport grounds)
| and Enroute is notwhere near Denver (up in Longmont)
|
| The center was moved to Longmont to avoid a Ruskie nuke
hitting Denver,
| just like Los Angeles center and New York Center.
|
| It was crazy, expensive stuff, ala Doc Strangelove.

Oddly enough, the Denver Enroute (ARTCC) isn't far from the
pig farms.

I used to do some consulting up there during the days of
Sector Suite (for those of you familiar with the $9B debacle)