F-14 video

Old June 13th 05, 09:05 PM
Jim

Default F-14 video

Trying to locate a video I may have seen mentioned in this newsgroup.
An F-14 was making a high speed flyby at sea, experienced either dual
flameout or other total failure. Crew ejected safely.

Might someone recall this and have the link?

ACC USN ret.
NKX, BIKF, NAB, CV-63, NIR
67-69 69-71 71-74 77-80 80-85
&
74-77

Founder: RAMN (rec.aviation.military.naval)
Old June 13th 05, 10:00 PM
Dave in San Diego

Jim wrote in :

Trying to locate a video I may have seen mentioned in this newsgroup.
An F-14 was making a high speed flyby at sea, experienced either dual
flameout or other total failure. Crew ejected safely.

Might someone recall this and have the link?

http://www.alexisparkinn.com/photoga...aExplosion.wmv

and

http://www.alexisparkinn.com/tomcat_explosion.htm

Dave in San Diego
Old June 14th 05, 12:13 AM
Jim

Dave in San Diego wrote:
Jim wrote in :

Trying to locate a video I may have seen mentioned in this newsgroup.
An F-14 was making a high speed flyby at sea, experienced either dual
flameout or other total failure. Crew ejected safely.

Might someone recall this and have the link?

http://www.alexisparkinn.com/photoga...aExplosion.wmv

and

http://www.alexisparkinn.com/tomcat_explosion.htm

Dave in San Diego

That might be the same one. Video I saw was from the CV.
Old June 14th 05, 03:05 AM
Mike Weeks

Jim wrote:

That might be the same one. Video I saw was from the CV.

Based on this description it might be the F-14D of VF-31 (IIRC) off
Vinson; from the Discovery Channel-produced program called, again IIRC,
"Carrier at Sea."

They showed a high-speed pass, shot from the carrier, and the bird had
an explosion of some kind. Think both got out OK.

MW

Old June 14th 05, 11:00 AM
Jim

Mike Weeks wrote:

Jim wrote:

That might be the same one. Video I saw was from the CV.

Based on this description it might be the F-14D of VF-31 (IIRC) off
Vinson; from the Discovery Channel-produced program called, again IIRC,
"Carrier at Sea."

They showed a high-speed pass, shot from the carrier, and the bird had
an explosion of some kind. Think both got out OK.

MW

That certainly sounds like it. Now I wonder if that footage made it's
way onto the net.
Old June 15th 05, 10:43 PM
Mike Weeks

Jim wrote:
Mike Weeks wrote:

Jim wrote:

That might be the same one. Video I saw was from the CV.

Based on this description it might be the F-14D of VF-31 (IIRC) off
Vinson; from the Discovery Channel-produced program called, again IIRC,
"Carrier at Sea."

They showed a high-speed pass, shot from the carrier, and the bird had
an explosion of some kind. Think both got out OK.

MW

That certainly sounds like it. Now I wonder if that footage made it's
way onto the net.

Of the top I'd think not, as it was a commercial program -- unlike the
posting "home" videos.

MW

Old June 16th 05, 01:28 AM
Jim

Mike Weeks wrote:

Jim wrote:

Mike Weeks wrote:

Jim wrote:

That might be the same one. Video I saw was from the CV.

Based on this description it might be the F-14D of VF-31 (IIRC) off
Vinson; from the Discovery Channel-produced program called, again IIRC,
"Carrier at Sea."

They showed a high-speed pass, shot from the carrier, and the bird had
an explosion of some kind. Think both got out OK.

MW

That certainly sounds like it. Now I wonder if that footage made it's
way onto the net.

Of the top I'd think not, as it was a commercial program -- unlike the
posting "home" videos.

MW

Although I tend to agree I hope you're wrong. I've been amazed over the
years with what could be found on the net. Sometimes we get lucky.

Old June 16th 05, 04:23 AM
Mike Weeks

Jim wrote:
Mike Weeks wrote:

Jim wrote:

Mike Weeks wrote:

Jim wrote:

That might be the same one. Video I saw was from the CV.

Based on this description it might be the F-14D of VF-31 (IIRC) off
Vinson; from the Discovery Channel-produced program called, again IIRC,
"Carrier at Sea."

They showed a high-speed pass, shot from the carrier, and the bird had
an explosion of some kind. Think both got out OK.

MW

That certainly sounds like it. Now I wonder if that footage made it's
way onto the net.

Of the top I'd think not, as it was a commercial program -- unlike the
posting "home" videos.

MW

Although I tend to agree I hope you're wrong. I've been amazed over the
years with what could be found on the net. Sometimes we get lucky.

Yes indeed, sometimes we do get lucky. I suppose I could take my video
copy of the pgm and ... g

MW

Old July 18th 05, 10:22 PM
Maverick

http://www.alexisparkinn.com/aviatio...Trade%20Center
%20Attack%20Videos
This is the link to the F-14 flyby at sea with the following explosion.

Sorry, but my English is not really good... :-)