cancer??

Old October 22nd 07, 07:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default cancer??

Is he flying under the LSA rules, I wonder? The FAA database shows that his
last medical was issued 4/2002. It's the only name match in the database.

For now he's flying under the sport pilot rules, but when I met him he
said he was hoping to eventually get a special issuance 3rd class
medical approved based on his remarkable recovery plus the
demonstrated ability of a year's worth of cross country flights in the
Cub.

Old October 24th 07, 08:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Angelo Campanella[_2_]

James M. Knox wrote:
About three weeks ago I suddenly got a letter from the FAA (remember,
I've had a medical continually during the intervening 12 years) saying
that because I have cancer they are reviewing my right to continue
flying. I have 30 days to respond or emergency revocation. yada yada
yada.
So I sent them a letter from my oncologist saying that I was still
alive, etc. Haven't heard anything since. We'll see...

The chief problem with FAA medical cerificates is that they still use
the national clearing house (my term) method. That is, it cannot be
settled at the local level (your Town; not even just your State). All
decisions are made in Oklahoma City.

Now, for that remote soul sitting at his or her desk in Ok City, a
plethora of data must be presented identifying you, your doctor, his
treatent, results and outlook. Until all of these artifacts are
accumulated and viewed in one sitting, nothing ever happens. It used to
take 6 months and loner. More recently, with the advent of the FAX
machine, Internet, and E-mail, not to metion huge AOPA advocacy, it may
be pared down to as little as two weeks(?). but it is still not as
immedaiate as, say, a driver's license.

My experience has been that the only expediting that can be found is by
contacting AOPA (whether or not you are a member, they WILL talk to you)
for expediting advice in this very complex central clearing house
matter. Follow all their instructions precisely.

Now, is anyone voting for Hillary Care?

Angelo Campanella

Cancer purtybird0 Piloting 4 July 4th 07 12:34 AM
Medical after cancer Chas[_2_] Piloting 37 March 20th 07 11:48 PM