O2 Bottle Space

Old April 1st 11, 06:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Whiskey Delta

Default O2 Bottle Space

I am curious how to best utilize my unused oxygen cylinder receptacle
space. Since I fly in an area where we rarely get above 5,000 feet, I
have available for use this long empty slot. It would be great to be
able to use it to store items that I might want to get to during
flight. The trick would be having some way to pull the items out to
access them in flight and then be able to put them back for access at
a later time.

I was thinking of a container with a rope attached at one end to pull
it most of the way out and then push it back when done. However, I
can't think of any durable, lightweight containers of the appropriate
dimensions.

Any ideas or suggestions for making use of this potential storage
space?

Thanks!

WD
Old April 1st 11, 06:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
sisu1a

Any ideas or suggestions for making use of this potential storage
space?

Use the tank your pulling out as a mold to make a glass copy?

-paul
Old April 1st 11, 07:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
jcarlyle

One of our pilots with a LS4 used one of those round cardboard
shipping tubes. The clever thing was that he cut a slot, from about 10
o'clock to 2 o'clock and about 6 inches long at one end. Once loaded,
he turned the tube so that the side of the holder would cover the
slot. To access the contents, he just turned the tube again so the
slot was at the top.

-John

Old April 1st 11, 07:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bruce Hoult

On Apr 2, 6:10*am, Whiskey Delta wrote:
Any ideas or suggestions for making use of this potential storage
space?

That's where I put my CamelBack.
Old April 1st 11, 08:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
B4soaring

On 01/04/2011 19:19, Bruce Hoult wrote:
On Apr 2, 6:10 am, Whiskey wrote:
Any ideas or suggestions for making use of this potential storage
space?

That's where I put my CamelBack.

Ditto, & the canopy cover & the parachute bag.
Old April 2nd 11, 07:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mottley[_2_]

On Apr 1, 6:10*pm, Whiskey Delta wrote:
I am curious how to best utilize my unused oxygen cylinder receptacle
space. *Since I fly in an area where we rarely get above 5,000 feet, I
have available for use this long empty slot. *It would be great to be
able to use it to store items that I might want to get to during
flight. *The trick would be having some way to pull the items out to
access them in flight and then be able to put them back for access at
a later time.

I was thinking of a container with a rope attached at one end to pull
it most of the way out and then push it back when done. *However, I
can't think of any durable, lightweight containers of the appropriate
dimensions.

Any ideas or suggestions for making use of this potential storage
space?

Thanks!

WD

Hi

Some German Company makes a Bugwiper electric system which
will fit into the O2 Bottle Space.

WTB: Oxygen bottle Jason Kramb Soaring 5 February 2nd 11 03:33 AM
restraining oxy bottle in a DG1000 Pawnee Pilot Soaring 3 November 19th 09 08:49 AM
Looking for source for tie down clamp for Ox bottle [email protected] Soaring 3 May 28th 09 07:20 PM
oxygen bottle No Name Piloting 2 May 23rd 07 07:09 AM
O2 Bottle for ASW27B Jim Cumiford Soaring 3 January 25th 07 01:24 PM