FlightAware web site -- finally free flight tracking

Old September 9th 05, 02:20 PM
Dave Butler

Chip Hermes wrote:
Finally, there's a free web site that does tracking of IFR flights and
maps and graphs and whatnot:

http://flightaware.com/

Very, *very* nice. Thank you, Chip!

Dave
Old September 9th 05, 02:35 PM
Gig 601XL Builder

"Dave Butler" wrote in message
Chip Hermes wrote:
Finally, there's a free web site that does tracking of IFR flights and
maps and graphs and whatnot:

http://flightaware.com/

Very, *very* nice. Thank you, Chip!

Dave

This is very cool. One thing though. You need to change the 24 loop movie
for a period other than Sunday Monday. Your missing out on the great FedEx
migration at MEM.

Old September 9th 05, 03:29 PM
xyzzy

Chip Hermes wrote:

Finally, there's a free web site that does tracking of IFR flights and
maps and graphs and whatnot:

http://flightaware.com/

For IFR folks, you can enter airports that you're flying between and
get a list of IFR routes that people have flown, which makes flight
planning a lot easier.

Chip

Let me pile on and say this site rules!!

Now I can see what my fellow club members have been up to

Old September 9th 05, 04:05 PM
Gig 601XL Builder

"xyzzy" wrote in message
Chip Hermes wrote:

Finally, there's a free web site that does tracking of IFR flights and
maps and graphs and whatnot:

http://flightaware.com/

For IFR folks, you can enter airports that you're flying between and
get a list of IFR routes that people have flown, which makes flight
planning a lot easier.

Chip

Let me pile on and say this site rules!!

Now I can see what my fellow club members have been up to

It is so damn cool we crashed it.

FlightAware is currently unavailable. Please try back later. (DB1)

Old September 9th 05, 04:41 PM
xyzzy

Gig 601XL Builder wrote:

"xyzzy" wrote in message

Chip Hermes wrote:

Finally, there's a free web site that does tracking of IFR flights and
maps and graphs and whatnot:

http://flightaware.com/

For IFR folks, you can enter airports that you're flying between and
get a list of IFR routes that people have flown, which makes flight
planning a lot easier.

Chip

Let me pile on and say this site rules!!

Now I can see what my fellow club members have been up to

It is so damn cool we crashed it.

FlightAware is currently unavailable. Please try back later. (DB1)

Yes, I noticed that. It is in beta, hopefully when it goes production
it will have more bulletproof servers.

--
"You can support the troops but not the president"
--Representative Tom Delay (R-TX), during the Kosovo war.

Old September 9th 05, 05:11 PM
John Clonts

Disregard this as I just realized the cause: The missing flights are
actually under a different (legitimate) callsign.

NGF?

Cheers,
John Clonts
Temple, Texas
N7NZ

Old September 9th 05, 05:18 PM
Peter R.

John Clonts wrote:

Disregard this as I just realized the cause: The missing flights are
actually under a different (legitimate) callsign.

NGF?

Yep. NGF and the last three letters of the tail id.

--
Peter

Old September 9th 05, 06:43 PM
Geo

On 8 Sep 2005 17:30:44 -0700, "Chip Hermes" wrote:

Finally, there's a free web site that does tracking of IFR flights and
maps and graphs and whatnot:

http://flightaware.com/

For IFR folks, you can enter airports that you're flying between and
get a list of IFR routes that people have flown, which makes flight
planning a lot easier.

Guessing this site is for one country only? (USA)
I get:-
"This airport is outside of FlightAware's service area and will only show data
on flights to/from FlightAware's service area and be generally unreliable"
for my local internation airport.
Geo
Old September 9th 05, 07:11 PM
Scott Moore

Robert M. Gary wrote On 09/08/05 18:00,:
Maybe because aircraft below 18,000 almost never get to talk to center
or approach?

-Robert
frequent Mexico flyer

I don't believe its possible NOT to talk to center in Mexico.

Old September 9th 05, 09:29 PM
Bucky

Wow, cool. It says all the data is publicly available. Any idea where
the site pulls the data from?