Looking for SZD 55-owners for FES project

Old April 25th 16, 10:59 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Looking for SZD 55-owners for FES project

Hi together,

I am looking for other owners of a SZD 55 for a FES-Mod. I own a 55 and me and another owner are already in touch with SZD and Luka Žnidaršič from FES to do the mod. Since especially the paperwork will get cheaper the more planes are beeing modified and the costs split beetween owners, i'd really appreciate others to join us!

Regards,

Michail
Old April 25th 16, 12:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Monday, April 25, 2016 at 5:59:35 AM UTC-4, wrote:
Hi together,

I am looking for other owners of a SZD 55 for a FES-Mod. I own a 55 and me and another owner are already in touch with SZD and Luka Žnidaršič from FES to do the mod. Since especially the paperwork will get cheaper the more planes are beeing modified and the costs split beetween owners, i'd really appreciate others to join us!

Regards,

Michail

While the '55 can easily tolerate a little weight increase for batts and prop the mod will most likely
be sustainer only and not self-launch. This limits the appeal of the mod for me.

Bill Drury 55-1 serial no. 039
Old April 25th 16, 01:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Hi Bill,

due to the light weight and the high main wheel self launch might be possible on asphalt runways according to Luka.

Regards
Old April 25th 16, 01:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Daly[_2_]

On Monday, April 25, 2016 at 5:59:35 AM UTC-4, wrote:
Hi together,

I am looking for other owners of a SZD 55 for a FES-Mod. I own a 55 and me and another owner are already in touch with SZD and Luka Žnidaršič from FES to do the mod. Since especially the paperwork will get cheaper the more planes are beeing modified and the costs split beetween owners, i'd really appreciate others to join us!

Regards,

Michail

How are you dealing with the maximum weight of non-lifting parts? I'm within 0.4 kg of my maximum. Will the factory be involved to make it an approved modification? I have production #1... I might be interested in an approved modification. Sustainer is OK with me (though SL is interesting). I was very impressed by a Lak-17Bfes at my home field in Canada.

You may wish to join the SZD-55 user group on Yahoo Groups and ask there.

Dan
2D

Old April 25th 16, 02:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Hi Dan,

yes, the factory has to be and will be involved. I will only proceed if it is going to be an easa certified mod. Allstar are calculating weights and load/speed changes and if they are necessary right now, I hope to have the results in a few weeks.

Thanks for the hint with the user group!

Regards,

Michail
Old November 1st 16, 02:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Hi together,

I have news on the FES-project at PZL! I talked to Bernd Hager, who is distributor for PZL in Germany and one of their main investors at the same time.. Bernd was in Poland last week and talked to Andrzej about FES and 55. Here is the news:

•PZL has already build one 55 to modify it with the FES system

•Currently, they are pursuing two other projects with the polish authorities (for Perkoz and 59 Acro) but as soon as they are finished with that they will start the type approval process (might take a year, though)

•They are planning on offering new 55 with FES as well as conversion of existing planes

•Bernd said: “We are definitely doing this” and he will persist in doing it.

Bernd will keep me in the loop with progress and I will be happy to share it. Also, Bernd is looking to get a registry for 55 owners, so if you like, you can contact him at

Bernd also said that it would help speed thinks up if there was a small group of owners that commit to do it to reduce costs with he estimated at 30.000 Euro.

I think this is great news. What do you think?

Old July 7th 19, 09:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Hallo Michail, dein Post ist zwar älter.. aber weißt Du ob es wegen der SZD in Bezug auf FES Nachrüstung etwas neues gibt?
Danke und viele Grüße, Johannes
Old July 9th 19, 05:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Yes, SZD/PZL will be installing and also retrofitting their own (better) FES-System into the 55. They showed the system, which is low voltage and redundand at the AERO. Unfortunaltely, I already sold my 55.