Ouch - $2/gal/hr

Old September 8th 05, 06:02 PM
W P Dixon

LOL,
oh yes I remember all to well having a wad of Italian money in my pocket
that amounted to about a quarter!

Patrick
student SPL
aircraft structural mech

wrote in message
oups.com...

George Patterson wrote:
W P Dixon wrote:
I'm not worried about the price of gas to much, according to the email
just got I won the lottery in Italy!!!

You too?

Yeah, just wait until you read the fine print that says you get paid in
Lira.

Old September 8th 05, 09:33 PM

Hilton wrote:
Hi,

You mixed em up, Tradewinds Aviation is $90, no clue what nice air is
but $80 sounds like what they would reasonably charge.

You are correct - I got the $80 and $90 the wrong way round. I got the info
from their respective web site: www.tradewindsaviation.com and
www.niceair.net.

I rent late 70s
archers out of tradewinds, which were $90 an hour in early 2004, $93
during the price jumps of 2004, and $97 an hour now. They haven't gone
up in several months (when avgas was a tad over $3 a gallon at RHV as
opposed to $4 now), I'm expecting a price increase of $5-$10 soon now
which will very likely lead to the end of my flying days.

I did my Instrument Rating in those Archers; and Private in the 172s (1978
models) and my CSEL in the Cutlass (no longer in the fleet).

Which club at
RHV are you talking about, squadron 2?

Doesn't suprise me. From what I heard from their members, that they
haven't raised prices in a while so they're just making one massive
price jump, where other clubs like TWA had several small increases.

Yeah. I was trying not to be specific, but I guess through process of
elimination...

At tradewinds, after the 2004
gas increases eased off, I asked em to go back to $90 an hour, take a
wild guess whether it worked :-(

Well, management has changed there a couple of times recently and rumor has
it that it will change again in the new few weeks, so we'll see.

I heard the same rumor

Hilton

Old September 9th 05, 09:15 PM
Michael

Gas was costing them $2.50-$2.80 or so. This next batch will cost $4.80.
The following batch will have an additional 75c cost.

That sure doesn't sound right. Like I said, we just got a batch of new
fuel last weekend, and prices on it only went up by 40 cents a gallon.
Sounds like someone is gouging.

Michael