Midwest Unairworthy Propeller Source?

Old September 8th 05, 02:43 AM
Jay Honeck

Default Midwest Unairworthy Propeller Source?

I'm looking for any old props you may have laying around the hangar. Cued
tips? Great. Bent? No problem. Tips shattered? Fine.

These will be used as decor in our aviation theme-suite hotel in Iowa City,
IA. I will pick up if you're close enough!

Email me at if you've got any props you care to part
with. Trade-outs for nights in suites always a possibility!

:-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old September 8th 05, 02:54 AM
houstondan

you might ask that people also include a note telling how the prop got
that way. could be interesting.

dan

Old September 8th 05, 04:35 AM

Have a comanche and bonanza flyin at your place. Probably find one or
two when its all over.

Jim Burns wrote:
GRRR... my ISP simply hates mchsi... my Postini is full of spammers with the
same mchsi addy.

Anyway, I was going to suggest that you contact Montblack and have him drive
over to Maxwell when he feels a need to get out of the house.

((Hey Montblack, you listening?? Hello... Hello... Hello... is there
anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me.... how's the vicodin?? ))

Jim

Old September 8th 05, 05:13 AM
Montblack

("Jim Burns" wrote)
Anyway, I was going to suggest that you contact Montblack and have him
drive
over to Maxwell when he feels a need to get out of the house.

((Hey Montblack, you listening?? Hello... Hello... Hello... is there
anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me.... how's the vicodin??
))

When the men on the chessboard
Get up and tell you where to go
And you've just had some kind of mushroom
And your mind is moving low g

Not a problem. I can go pick them up after Jay does the e-mail/phone thing
with Maxwell. We'll figure out what to do after we have props in hand, or in
this case - in minivan. Storing them until we can get them down to Iowa City
is not a problem on this end.

Montblack

Hello... Hello... Hello... is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can
hear me...

http://www.starbase1.com/catalog/APD16.html

...how's the vicodin?? ))

"Happy ...Birthday ....Mr President..."

Old September 8th 05, 03:00 PM
Jay Honeck

you might ask that people also include a note telling how the prop got
that way. could be interesting.

Absolutely! Every interesting piece on display at the hotel is explained,
attributed or labeled.

Our smashed wooden Stearman prop (in, of course, the Stearman Suite) is a
perfect example. A well-known local pilot bought into the old bird, and --
on the very first day he owned it -- was practice taxiing up and down the
runways.

He tapped the brakes, one of them locked, and -- not knowing any better --
he just held on for dear life. (Now, with more experience, he says he
should have just punched the throttle to get the tail back down...) As he
hung in the straps, watching his prop beating itself into the asphalt, I'm
sure he never dreamed that he would one day be immeasurably enhancing an
aviation theme suite!

:-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old September 8th 05, 03:01 PM
Jay Honeck

Have a comanche and bonanza flyin at your place. Probably find one or two
when its all over.

Ha! That's evil...

;-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old September 8th 05, 03:02 PM
Jay Honeck

Anyway, I was going to suggest that you contact Montblack and have him
drive
over to Maxwell when he feels a need to get out of the house.

snip

Not a problem. I can go pick them up after Jay does the e-mail/phone thing
with Maxwell. We'll figure out what to do after we have props in hand, or
in
this case - in minivan. Storing them until we can get them down to Iowa
City
is not a problem on this end.

Help me here, guys. What (or who) is "Maxwell"?
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old September 8th 05, 03:11 PM
Jim Burns

http://hcsweb.com/maxwell/

Minneapolis prop shop
Jim

Old September 8th 05, 03:16 PM
Jay Honeck

http://hcsweb.com/maxwell/

Minneapolis prop shop

Okay, thanks.

I take it they have a bunch of old, bent props laying around for the
picking? What do I have to do to get some of them?
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA