Rec.Aviation Photo Gallery Updates

Old September 8th 05, 09:38 PM
Jay Honeck

Default Rec.Aviation Photo Gallery Updates

It's been an incredibly busy summer, and I haven't had time to update -- or
announce updates -- in our rec.aviation "Rogues Gallery" since well before
Oshkosh.

Well, that nonsense ends right NOW -- it's time to get back with the
program!

What is this "Rogues Gallery" you ask? It's a webpage dedicated to
displaying pictures of rec.aviation pilots and their aircraft, so that we
can all get to know each other a little better. The 1-dimensional,
text-based world of Usenet isn't very conducive to this sort of thing, so
think of the "Rogues Gallery" as an adjunct to your favorite group.

Thanks to Jav Henderson (who has kindly provided free web hosting for the
last 3 years), we have been able to maintain and grow the "Rogues Gallery"
to be a fairly comprehensive list of many regular posters. You may view
their pictures (and their aircraft) he
http://alexisparkinn.com/rec_aviation.htm

If you would like to show off *your* pride and joy, for the rest of us to
drool on, please feel free to email me half a dozen or so pix and a short
bio of your flying life to , and I'll get you added
to the Rogues Gallery post haste!

:-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old September 8th 05, 10:32 PM
Montblack

("Jay Honeck" wrote)
[snips]
It's been an incredibly busy summer, and I haven't had time to update --
or announce updates -- in our rec.aviation "Rogues Gallery" since well
before Oshkosh.

Well, that nonsense ends right NOW -- it's time to get back with the
program!

What is this "Rogues Gallery" you ask?
http://alexisparkinn.com/rec_aviation.htm

Hey, hey, hey! Just a darn toot'n minute there mister. That wasn't an actual
"update" now was it?

Update please.

You know ..."oh boy, here it comes" ...I've often thought a separate Update
section would be nice for us regular visitors to the Rogues Gallery. Dump
the "updates" into both spots, their regular alphabetical home and also the
Update folder. After 30 or 60 days (whenever), clear out the Update folder
to make room for the fresh "updates." Cool huh? One stop shopping to see the
new people ...and their planes.

Montblack

Old September 9th 05, 03:38 AM
Jay Honeck

Hey, hey, hey! Just a darn toot'n minute there mister. That wasn't an
actual "update" now was it?

Well, it was an updated reminder -- how's that?

:-)

You know ..."oh boy, here it comes" ...I've often thought a separate
Update section would be nice for us regular visitors to the Rogues
Gallery. Dump the "updates" into both spots, their regular alphabetical
home and also the Update folder. After 30 or 60 days (whenever), clear out
the Update folder to make room for the fresh "updates." Cool huh? One stop
shopping to see the new people ...and their planes.

That's a pretty good idea! I'll have to see what I can come up with...
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old September 9th 05, 03:54 AM
Flyingmonk

Good thought/suggestion. The down side - we will see how we have aged
too! : ^)

Bryan "The Monk" Chaisone