FS/T: Glider Winch Towline Chutes

Old June 19th 17, 09:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Vicarious Icarus

Default FS/T: Glider Winch Towline Chutes

Hi,
I recently acquired from an estate a number of sailplane winch towline recovery chutes. Photos: http://imageevent.com/aero92/glidertowlinechutes

The sample I inspected is ~88" along the major axis. Construction seems excellent and durable. I do not know the manufacturer. These have all been stored indoors in a garage in various boxes and clear plastic bags. I do not see any evidence of UV damage although a few do show some mild staining. I don't know whether they are all the same size or not. When I have the time I can simply weigh each one against then sample.

I am primarily a hang glider pilot in SoCal with some sailplane hours logged at Lake Elsinore but do not have any use for these. I do fly R/C glider along with hang gliders and would like to get my glider rating at some point as I am getting long in the tooth for the riggers of hang gliding X/C.

If anyone or any club can use these please let me know. I'm very reasonable and would even accept sailplane time in trade here in SoCal.
Thanks,
Jonathan
Old June 19th 17, 10:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Contact info?

Thanks. Karen

mom2kjcns@gmail dot com
Old June 19th 17, 10:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Vicarious Icarus

On Monday, June 19, 2017 at 2:21:49 PM UTC-7, wrote:
Contact info?

Thanks. Karen

mom2kjcns@gmail dot com

nmerider gmail
Thanks
If anyone want just one to sample it how does ($20.00 + $12.40 usps)shipped via Priory Mail Flat Rate box sound? I have 30 of these in total.
Old June 21st 17, 02:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Scott Williams

FYI,
The Tost catalog for winch launching specifically calls for a max parachute diameter of 2 meters (78 3/4 inch)and a max length of 4 meters. That is for steel wire, Synthetic line winching parachutes are 1.5 meters, these may be fine, but if an operation is using Tost products and information as a guide, could be important.

Thought others might want to know.
Cheers,
Scott W.

Old July 20th 17, 09:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Vicarious Icarus

Default FS: 88" Winch/Tow Line Chutes $20ea + Shipping (18 remaining)

I still have 18 of these chutes left. So far, I have shipped to CA, NV, MI and even NZ. Please find these a good home and help me clean up my garage. Only $20/ea + postage. http://imageevent.com/aero92/glidertowlinechutes
Thanks,
Jonathan

Old July 31st 17, 10:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Vicarious Icarus

Default FS: 88" Winch/Tow Line Chutes $20ea + Shipping (~9 left)

~9 winch chutes left. Only $20/ea + postage. Shipping weight is 3# ea.