OLC - Often a Lost Cause

Old June 22nd 17, 03:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default OLC - Often a Lost Cause

Yesterday I flew with Uli Neumann in his Caproni A-21 S, and what fun we
had! Uli, who flies out of South Carolina, said happily, "This is
almost like cheating!" We made a simple 300k triangle with very few
turns and then retired to my home for a beer and cheese burger (thanks,
Patti!).

After dinner and conversation, we attempted to upload our flight to
OLC. Everything went well until we attempted to list me as copilot.
Imagine my surprise (not really any more) to learn that I'm not a valid
competitor! In frustration we listed Patti as the copilot and made a
note in the comments section. I really don't care any more about OLC
and am just blowing off steam.
--
Dan, 5J
Old June 22nd 17, 04:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Duster[_2_]

Let me get this straight. You woke up alive (some of us don't). Got to fly in a rare Caproni glider for around 300 miles in scenic countryside and in booming conditions. Celebrated with beers and burgers, all served up by a woman. And still you felt compelled to take time to complain? What do you consider a good day?
Old June 22nd 17, 04:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

A good day is all of the above and NOT being told that I don't exist by
a piece of software.

It's kinda like that old episode of the Twilight Zone (or was it The
Outer Limits) where the leader tells the old scholar that he's
"obsolete". Look it up for the full story.

Old June 23rd 17, 02:48 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Thursday, June 22, 2017 at 10:00:09 AM UTC-4, Dan Marotta wrote:
Yesterday I flew with Uli Neumann in his Caproni A-21 S, and what fun we
had! Uli, who flies out of South Carolina, said happily, "This is
almost like cheating!" We made a simple 300k triangle with very few
turns and then retired to my home for a beer and cheese burger (thanks,
Patti!).

After dinner and conversation, we attempted to upload our flight to
OLC. Everything went well until we attempted to list me as copilot.
Imagine my surprise (not really any more) to learn that I'm not a valid
competitor! In frustration we listed Patti as the copilot and made a
note in the comments section. I really don't care any more about OLC
and am just blowing off steam.
--
Dan, 5J

Just entered a flight when I went to see the trace it wouldn't let me sign in and said something about a daily limit and kept rejecting my password without allowing me any options... what is the deal?

Dennis

DC
Old June 23rd 17, 03:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Renny[_2_]

On Thursday, June 22, 2017 at 9:51:57 AM UTC-6, Dan Marotta wrote:
A good day is all of the above and NOT being told that I don't exist by
a piece of software.

It's kinda like that old episode of the Twilight Zone (or was it The
Outer Limits) where the leader tells the old scholar that he's
"obsolete". Look it up for the full story.

On 6/22/2017 9:05 AM, Duster wrote:
Let me get this straight. You woke up alive (some of us don't). Got to fly in a rare Caproni glider for around 300 miles in scenic countryside and in booming conditions. Celebrated with beers and burgers, all served up by a woman. And still you felt compelled to take time to complain? What do you consider a good day?

--
Dan, 5J

Dan,
It was "The Twilight Zone" with Burgess Meredith and Fritz Weaver....First aired 6/2/61 and was called "The Obsolete Man!" You have an excellent memory!
Renny
Old June 23rd 17, 03:48 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Someone suggested deleting the cookies set by the OLC site. That worked
for me for about 3 days and, today I was again unable to log in. Once
again I deleted the cookies for OLC and was able to log in. Someone
else suggested using Firefox instead of Chrome.

Old June 23rd 17, 04:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Thanks, I'll try that!

And Jonathan, I was one of the last holders on with film and barograph.
I'm no Luddite, but progress simply for the sake of progress is not
always the best way. I'll admit that I really like knowing exactly
where I am in flight, but that makes it all the more frustrating (and
fun!) when I have to resort to the old ways to get where I'm going. The
pain comes from trying to remember what time I took off and my exact
turn points.

Old June 23rd 17, 04:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Suggestions, post to crosscountry aero instead.

http://www.crosscountry.aero

The FAA has just lost it HilldaBeast Piloting 1 November 15th 07 03:49 AM
I lost my medical, what do I do? buttman Piloting 49 February 21st 06 08:32 AM
3 lives lost nobody Piloting 26 January 29th 05 05:32 PM
fw-200 not "lost" old hoodoo Military Aviation 0 December 22nd 03 08:16 PM
Lost MA airports? Roger Long Piloting 5 November 6th 03 11:28 AM