Wing Rigger Model 5 Product Announcement

Old October 21st 08, 11:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Steve Koerner

Default Wing Rigger Model 5 Product Announcement

10/21/2008 Mesa AZ USA…. The fifth generation Wing Rigger solo
assembly design now includes a second knob on the main column and an
adjustable drag feature on the third wheel. The newly added knob
functions to lock the gas spring height setting independent of the
existing knob which locks the telescoping upper column to the main
column. Wing Rigger now remembers its height setting and the need to
press against the gas spring while setting up has been eliminated.
The adjustable third wheel drag feature was suggested by customers who
sometimes assemble at places where the ground is sloping.

The first five instances of the new model 5 design were shipped out
last week – Two went to Colorado, one to New York, one to Arizona and
one to New Zealand. All finished parts and components are currently
in stock for immediate Wing Rigger shipments anywhere in the world.

Wing Rigger makes a great stocking stuffer!
Pictures and information at www.wingrigger.com
Old October 22nd 08, 02:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JJ Sinclair

Great product Steve, I wouldn't leave home without it!
I, also made a slight modification to mine. I added a wooden belly-
bumber to the trailing edge so that I can shove with my belly as I
pull with both hands on the leading edge (when installing on an
assembled wing). This makes it easy to get it on real tight. With your
Wing Rigger and my 12 inch piece of broom stick to force the main wing
pin holes together, I can have my ship together in a snap. It also
helps to get the second wing out by inserting it in the far hole and
pulling the spar out with my left hand as I push against the fuselage
with my right hand. This has been a continuing problem because the
fuselage tilts towards the remaining wing and locks the spar in
place.
Cheers,
JJ

Pictures and information at www.wingrigger.com