Kawa.....

Old August 1st 14, 01:36 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andy K

Default Kawa.....

On 2014-07-31 15:14:05 +0000, Sean Fidler said:

I am not sure the fine details matter that much. I stand behind my

statement that Kawa's: 1) major contest record (numerous World

Championships, FAI Grand Prix, Major European events), 2) consistency

(second is a poor contest for him, even at this level), 3) raw talent

and 4) ability to be competitive in multiple classes and gliders is

something the world has never seen before in the sport of soaring. In

fact, nobody else is (or has been) remotely close.

I like that, unlike many other top contest pilots, he is not afraid of the PW5.

He has a book in Polish titled (translated) "Second is last"
Old August 1st 14, 03:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean Fidler

2003 PW5 Jr. Worlds (First): http://rankingdata.fai.org/SGP_CompPage.php?compid=46

2002 US Nationals (World Class) (Second): http://ssatest.org/members/contestre...onal+Con test

List of World Champions (Still some work for him to do...): http://www.ssa.org/USTeam?show=blog&id=2129

Old August 1st 14, 04:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean Fidler

Achievements from his website: http://www.sebastiankawa.pl/o-sebastianie/osiagniecia/

List of World Champions (Still some work for him to do...): http://www.ssa.org/USTeam?show=blog&id=2129

Old August 1st 14, 10:48 PM
Helge_Zembold Helge_Zembold is offline
Junior Member

Location: Ingolstadt, Germany
Thumbs up

I do highly recommend his book "Sky full of heat", available in English and German. Although it deals a lot with his childhood and youth in the beginning, it gives an excellent insight into how he became what he is today...

http://skyfullofheat.com
Old August 7th 14, 01:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean Fidler

Amazing!

http://www.wgc2014.hb.pl/wyniki/15m/486_15m_tot.htm
Old August 7th 14, 04:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Wednesday, August 6, 2014 7:31:47 PM UTC-5, Sean Fidler wrote:
Amazing! http://www.wgc2014.hb.pl/wyniki/15m/486_15m_tot.htm

More amazing!! He extended his lead by another 100pts today!!
Old August 7th 14, 08:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean Fidler

Incredible! Finally solid conditions. Less uncontrollable variables.

http://www.wgc2014.hb.pl/wyniki/15m/487_15m.htm
Old August 7th 14, 09:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul T[_4_]

At 19:57 07 August 2014, Sean Fidler wrote:
Incredible! Finally solid conditions. Less uncontrollable variables.

http://www.wgc2014.hb.pl/wyniki/15m/487_15m.htm

and undeset tasks yet again!

Old August 7th 14, 11:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Look at the speed difference between Kawa and the rest.
Old August 8th 14, 03:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Thursday, August 7, 2014 5:13:55 PM UTC-5, wrote:
Look at the speed difference between Kawa and the rest.

You guys should follow his blog - google does a pretty good job translating.
Whats amazing is the entire gaggle that tries to follow him each day... Comical how he got rid of no.2, two days ago.

Kawa [email protected] Soaring 3 December 2nd 13 06:26 PM
Mt Everest Gliding with Sebastian Kawa Wolf Aviator[_2_] Soaring 8 October 23rd 13 08:20 AM
Question for Sebastian Kawa [email protected] Soaring 0 February 5th 13 10:23 AM
Sky Full of Heat book by Sebastian Kawa - update Paul Remde Soaring 1 December 20th 12 02:51 AM
S Kawa's 15 min interview for Polish TV RRK Soaring 0 November 9th 08 12:55 AM