President Bush is a Miserable Failure

Old May 12th 04, 09:48 PM
BUFDRVR

WalterM140 wrote:

Al Quaida is in Afghanistan. Now all the Army that can be spared is in the
wrong place.

The force size in Afghanistan is the same as it would have been had Saddam
still been in power like you guys want. If you had any clue about the military
you would know this.

It's been well shown that Iraq under Saddam was no threat to us

Well shown? Hardly.

It's also been shown that the Bushies planned to invade Iraq even before
9/11.

A military plan existed prior to the actual operation? Say it ain't so....

All Bush did was update *Clinton's* Iraq OPLAN. Oh, I'm sorry you did know that
Clinton "planned to invade Iraq" too?

BUFDRVR

everyone on Bear Creek"
Old May 12th 04, 09:54 PM
BUFDRVR

WalterM140 wrote:

snip critiques of U.S. military moves

It's just another maladroit maneuver by the Bushies that will lead to more of
our guys getting killed.

Once again your lack of knowledge about anything military shines. These "bad"
decisions were made by both combatant commanders (CDRUSCENTCOM and JTF-7
Commander) in the region and not by anyone above their paygrade. Bush, like
Clinton and his father before him has not involved himself in the battlefield
tactical decisions.

BUFDRVR

everyone on Bear Creek"
Old May 12th 04, 09:56 PM
BUFDRVR

George Z. Bush wrote:

That would be because of more incompetence by the Bushies.

I hate to disagree with you, but it wouldn't matter who took that job
on......they'd clean our clocks because they have a helluva lot more boots on
the ground than we have and nukes as well, so we wouldn't be able to use our
with any confidence.

No George, according to Walt, no matter if a democrat were in the White House
for 12 years proceeding the nK invasion, it would be the fault of the
Republicans. He's already stated as much.

BUFDRVR

everyone on Bear Creek"
Old May 13th 04, 09:09 AM
WalterM140

It's been well shown that Iraq under Saddam was no threat to us

Well shown? Hardly.

Yes, extensively.

It's also been shown that the Bushies planned to invade Iraq even before
9/11.

A military plan existed prior to the actual operation? Say it ain't so....

Bush planned to invade Iraq because this is a war for Oil.

All Bush did was update *Clinton's* Iraq OPLAN. Oh, I'm sorry you did know
that
Clinton "planned to invade Iraq" too?

Proof? I thought weinie Clinton only fired cruise missiles?

Walt
Old May 13th 04, 09:13 AM
WalterM140

It's just another maladroit maneuver by the Bushies that will lead to more
of
our guys getting killed.

Once again your lack of knowledge about anything military shines.

I know a lot about the military. But you don't have to know much about the
military to know that the Bush administration has screwed up the war, even if
you bought their premise.

These "bad"
decisions were made by both combatant commanders (CDRUSCENTCOM and JTF-7
Commander) in the region and not by anyone above their paygrade.

You can try and show that. Common sense will tell someone it's not true.

Bush, like
Clinton and his father before him has not involved himself in the battlefield
tactical decisions.

As we know, Bush is ultimately responsible what is done or not done.

Walt
Old May 13th 04, 09:31 AM
WalterM140

Never heard of prior enlisted?

Yes I have and if he was USAF I wouldn't have batted an eye lash, but a 38
year
old Marine Infantry Company Commander seems unlikely to me.

In 1991 I was 36 years old. And I did serve four years as an enlisted Marine on
sea duty and in the 8th Marine regiment.

I haven't seen much from you to show your background. You don't seem to know
much about command responsibility, that's for sure, or they teach it
differently in the Air Force.

As I indicated, it was nice to hear the editors of the Military Times say
pretty much what I said.
I'm playing golf
tommorow with a Paris Island D.I., I'll ask how many prior service guys they
have running infantry companies. Then I'll ask if he ever ran into one on the
verge of retirement.

Ask him about limited duty officers. I worked for two: Captain Howard
Lovingood and Captain Walter Peoples.

See if this link comes up. It's my profile on Freerepublic.com

http://www.freerepublic.com/~whiskeypapa/

Walt

Bush's guard record JDKAHN Home Built 13 October 3rd 04 09:38 PM
Open Letter to Kofi Annan and George Walker Bush Matt Wiser Military Aviation 2 March 12th 04 04:05 PM
bush rules! Be Kind Military Aviation 53 February 14th 04 04:26 PM