Turn coordinator? How dare they!

Old February 21st 13, 02:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Turn coordinator? How dare they!

On Thursday, February 21, 2013 8:41:10 AM UTC-6, Sean F (F2) wrote:
Same hardware as LX NAV's AH: http://www.aviation.levil.com/AHRS.htm, but instead of needed a 5-10k LX unit, your iPhone will work!

http://www.aviation.levil.com/AHRS.htm

How do we enforce the no cell phone rule again? Why do we have it again?

Sean

Please Sean, do us all a favor, take your medication. Here you go flying off the handle again. Will this never end? This has been discussed ad nauseam about a year ago.
Old February 21st 13, 03:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean F (F2)

Hypocrisy: the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc., contrary to one's real character or actual behaviour, esp the pretence of virtue and piety
Old February 21st 13, 03:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean F (F2)

Herb,

Who exactly are you speaking for? Who is "all of us?" Please expound.

Are you, perhaps, overstating your moral authority here?

Is my watch illegal? Is Bell and Ross being contacted?

Best,

Sean
Old February 21st 13, 05:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Thursday, February 21, 2013 9:51:55 AM UTC-6, Sean F (F2) wrote:
Herb,

Who exactly are you speaking for? Who is "all of us?" Please expound.

Are you, perhaps, overstating your moral authority here?

Is my watch illegal? Is Bell and Ross being contacted?

Best,

Sean

Well, Herb certainly is speaking for me too here...

The answer to all your questions is, if you have an instrument, watch, fuzzy dice (pendulum effect), plastic Jesus (prayer), or whatever that has some artificial horizon capability, talk to your CD about it ahead of time, and, guided by the rules, you and he -- well, anyone else and he -- will come to a reasonable understanding.

Everyone else is complaining the rules are too complex, and we're certainly not about to make them much worse by addressing all this, implementing cockpit inspections, or such. Don't fix what ain't broke. OTOH, there is a history of people going into clouds who should not, so full IFR panels will not be allowed in contests.

End. I hope.

John Cochrane
Old February 21st 13, 05:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
waremark

Why not allow people to go into clouds like we Brits do?
Old February 21st 13, 06:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Luke Szczepaniak

On 02/21/2013 12:03 PM, wrote:
[...]

John I'll bite. A good way to make things simple would be to re-word
the rule to a simple statement; "Cloud Flying Prohibited", period, end
of story. Someone who intends to cheat will break the rules anyway!

Only 60 days left to Perry
Luke
Old February 21st 13, 06:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean F (F2)

Luke: Its pure genius (and also illegal per the FARs). But that means nothing. We need MORE RULES! Next up: Stealth Mode!
Old February 21st 13, 09:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Don Johnstone[_4_]

At 22:21 20 February 2013, Sean F F2 wrote:
Oh yes, Mobile phones are absolutely cardinal sins to the SSA and US

Rules
Team.

We are all assumed guilty until proven innocent here. The installation

of
an AH is absolute admission of your intention to cheat.

It has no safety purpose other than to cloud fly and cheat your opponents
of course.

This is an old discussion but I do enjoy the chance to discuss the

rational
again.

It is highly enforceable in an alternate universe somewhere. Here we

just
make a stink about it but do not enforce it at all other than making
software developers waste time.

:-)

Given that an iPhone is very small and easily concealed how does the SSA
get round the 4th amendment. Are they exempt?

Old February 21st 13, 11:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Thursday, February 21, 2013 11:58:11 AM UTC-6, waremark wrote:
Why not allow people to go into clouds like we Brits do?

In the US all IFR flying requires a (power) IFR rating, current, and we are almost all class E so requires ATC clearance. With a few exceptions of dedicated wave flyers in ca, glider flying in the US is all VFR.

Enjoy one bit of freedom you have in the UK!

John Cochrane
Old February 22nd 13, 03:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard Walters

At 21:57 21 February 2013, Don Johnstone wrote:
At 22:21 20 February 2013, Sean F F2 wrote:
Oh yes, Mobile phones are absolutely cardinal sins to the

SSA and US
Rules
Team.

We are all assumed guilty until proven innocent here. The

installation
of
an AH is absolute admission of your intention to cheat.
It has no safety purpose other than to cloud fly and cheat

your opponents
of course.

Given that an iPhone is very small and easily concealed how

does the SSA
get round the 4th amendment. Are they exempt?

Dan and Sean,
In what was formerly a gentlemen and women's sport, we would
ask that cell phones be stored out of reach during flight. No
fourth amendment rights were harmed and a fair competition
could result.
Richard Walters
Regionals and Nationals CD