plane noise = no bell ringers

Old December 13th 05, 12:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default plane noise = no bell ringers

Something is missing from Newark, California shopping
centers this holiday season, the Salvation Army bell
ringers. They just can't hack the constant sound of
small plane noise all day long.

Even when they ring their bells loud and long, the
noise from the planes drowns out the bells.

Other chairatable groups have similar complaints about
the plane noise, and they are way behind on fund raising
this year, since the plane noise drives them crazy too.

Newark has lost the holiday spirit this year, since there
is nobody waiting outside the stores for you to give your
change to.

Old December 13th 05, 12:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

daffy wrote:

snip
Other chairatable groups have similar complaints about
the plane noise, and they are way behind on fund raising
this year, since the plane noise drives them crazy too.

Newark has lost the holiday spirit this year, since there
is nobody waiting outside the stores for you to give your
change to.

LOL! Creative, very creative.

--
Peter
Old December 13th 05, 12:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

oups.com...

Old December 13th 05, 12:40 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On Mon, 12 Dec 2005 18:20:56 -0600, "Jim Macklin"
wrote:

Let's build more airports.

Newark would a good place to start, since there are no airports for 20
miles in any direction. Maybe the mayor of Newark could buldoze a
shopping center some night. Business is apparently so bad from the
plane noise that no one would notice.

Or there's a lot of property Sun Micro isn't using.

Don

roups.com...

Old December 13th 05, 01:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

WWII was the reason most of our airports were built, a few
were built during the Korean War period and very few in the
1960s. Some have been expanded and what, just the Denver
airport since.

"Don Tuite" wrote in
message ...
| On Mon, 12 Dec 2005 18:20:56 -0600, "Jim Macklin"
| wrote:
|
| Let's build more airports.
|
| Newark would a good place to start, since there are no
airports for 20
| miles in any direction. Maybe the mayor of Newark could
buldoze a
| shopping center some night. Business is apparently so bad
from the
| plane noise that no one would notice.
|
| Or there's a lot of property Sun Micro isn't using.
|
| Don
|
| "daffy" wrote in message

roups.com...

| | Something is missing from Newark, California shopping
| | centers this holiday season, the Salvation Army bell
| | ringers. They just can't hack the constant sound of
| | small plane noise all day long.
| |
| | Even when they ring their bells loud and long, the
| | noise from the planes drowns out the bells.
| |
| | Other chairatable groups have similar complaints about
| | the plane noise, and they are way behind on fund
raising
| | this year, since the plane noise drives them crazy too.
| |
| | Newark has lost the holiday spirit this year, since
there
| | is nobody waiting outside the stores for you to give
your
| | change to.
| |

Old December 13th 05, 04:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

daffy wrote:
Something is missing from Newark, California shopping
centers this holiday season, the Salvation Army bell
ringers.

Awesome; I'll shop there. I cannot stand having someone soliciting me by
clanging a bell in my face. It's too bad it works on others though.

Old December 13th 05, 07:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On 12 Dec 2005 16:15:20 -0800, "daffy"
wrote:

Something is missing from Newark, California shopping
centers this holiday season, the Salvation Army bell
ringers. They just can't hack the constant sound of
small plane noise all day long.

Hmmm... must be very quiet bells.
At 3BS final for 24 or departure for 06 is right over the shopping
mall and you can't hear the planes for the people talking. Darn shame
too.

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com

Old December 13th 05, 03:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

by Roger Dec 13, 2005 at 02:11 AM

Hmmm... must be very quiet bells.
At 3BS final for 24 or departure for 06 is right over the shopping
mall and you can't hear the planes for the people talking. Darn shame
too.

Make it right! Fly much lower on takeoffs and approaches. Try to use
long, drawn out approaches, and use maximum throttle whenever possible.
Maybe buzz a few nearby residences or nursing homes, preferably very late
at night, or early in the morning (before 5:30 am)! Let everyone for
miles around experience the benefits of GA firsthand!

Perhaps get a friend who owns a Pitts to do some low passes and
hammerheads over the mall. Make sure the smoke generator is on high,
because this is New Jersey and you do want people to notice.

When you are done flying, drive to the mall and walk around with your worn
leather jacket on. Make sure the pilot wings are visible, so everyone will
be duly impressed and want to shake your hand. Take pride in knowing you
are one of the few, the proud, the pilot of a small airplane.

Old December 13th 05, 09:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On Tue, 13 Dec 2005 10:04:50 -0500, "Skylune"
wrote:

by Roger Dec 13, 2005 at 02:11 AM

Hmmm... must be very quiet bells.
At 3BS final for 24 or departure for 06 is right over the shopping
mall and you can't hear the planes for the people talking. Darn shame
too.

Make it right! Fly much lower on takeoffs and approaches. Try to use

Welll, there's this thing called safety. You can't get the student's
go lower as they want to be able to glide all the way to the runway if
something breaks.

OTOH when you are climbing out, the nearest place to land is either
behind you, which is usually a poor choice, or beyond the soccer
fields about a mile the other side of the mall. In either case you
go for as much altitude as possible.

long, drawn out approaches, and use maximum throttle whenever possible.
Maybe buzz a few nearby residences or nursing homes, preferably very late

That's for the helicopters. Us fixed wing guys want all the space
between us and what ever it is we can't see down there.

at night, or early in the morning (before 5:30 am)! Let everyone for
miles around experience the benefits of GA firsthand!

That's when we have the "fly outs" to breakfasts at other airports.

Perhaps get a friend who owns a Pitts to do some low passes and
hammerheads over the mall. Make sure the smoke generator is on high,

Around here that'd get a large crowd standing around watching instead
of spending money. Unfortunately there are some regs about doing
aerobatics over high density population areas. It could be done over
the airport though.

because this is New Jersey and you do want people to notice.

This is Michigan where we have "right to carry" laws and people like
to watch airplanes. There's nothing in NJ I want.

When you are done flying, drive to the mall and walk around with your worn
leather jacket on. Make sure the pilot wings are visible, so everyone will

What pilot wings? My jacket is just dirty and worn out.

be duly impressed and want to shake your hand. Take pride in knowing you
are one of the few, the proud, the pilot of a small airplane.

It'd drum up a lot of business for the flight school.