If user fees go into effect I'm done

Old February 9th 07, 05:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default If user fees go into effect I'm done

All I have to say about user fees is that if they are implemented and
I am going to be nickeled and dimed to death by a bureaucratic
nightmare that adds overhead and significantly more per hour cost to
an already expensive per hour rate for flying time, I am going to hang
up my wings...

Just imagine what the per pilot cost of the FAA will be when about
200,000 pilots are driven out of the system by user fees.

Old February 9th 07, 05:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Steve Foley

wrote in message
oups.com...
All I have to say about user fees is that if they are implemented and
I am going to be nickeled and dimed to death by a bureaucratic
nightmare that adds overhead and significantly more per hour cost to
an already expensive per hour rate for flying time, I am going to hang
up my wings...

Just imagine what the per pilot cost of the FAA will be when about
200,000 pilots are driven out of the system by user fees.

It all depends on what they call a user.

If they consider 'ATC contact' to be 'use', then it won't cost me any more.
I rarely contact ATC, and when I do, it's optional. I won't call for flight
following, and I'll avoid airports with towers.

By the time I get near class C airspace, I'm usually high enough to go over.
The local class B normally tells me to remain clear, so I won't bother them
either.

Old February 9th 07, 06:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On Feb 9, 9:56 am, "Steve Foley" wrote:
wrote in message

oups.com...

All I have to say about user fees is that if they are implemented and
I am going to be nickeled and dimed to death by a bureaucratic
nightmare that adds overhead and significantly more per hour cost to
an already expensive per hour rate for flying time, I am going to hang
up my wings...

Just imagine what the per pilot cost of the FAA will be when about
200,000 pilots are driven out of the system by user fees.

It all depends on what they call a user.

If they consider 'ATC contact' to be 'use', then it won't cost me any more.
I rarely contact ATC, and when I do, it's optional. I won't call for flight
following, and I'll avoid airports with towers.

By the time I get near class C airspace, I'm usually high enough to go over.
The local class B normally tells me to remain clear, so I won't bother them
either.

That's fine for you, but my club is based at a towered airport in the
center of a class C...

Can you say u$er fee$?

Old February 9th 07, 06:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Logajan

"Steve Foley" wrote:
It all depends on what they call a user.

Anyone who fuels their aircraft with avgas or mogas may see a four-fold
increase in fuel tax:

"a nearly four-fold increase in the fuel tax paid by general aviation
operators (avgas and autogas)" From:

http://www.aero-news.net/index.cfm?C...3-d6e3d27524b1

Wait - you say you fly between non-towered private-use airfields and
generally don't use ATC when you do? Tough. You have no idea how
expensive it is for the federal government to maintain the atmosphere!
You think it just grows on trees!?
Old February 9th 07, 07:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.student
Larry Dighera

On 9 Feb 2007 08:46:30 -0800, wrote in
.com:

All I have to say about user fees is that if they are implemented

The ATC user fee issue is a corporate boondoggle like Boeing's recent
infamous proposal to lease a hundred B-757(?) tankers to the USAF.
Fortunately there was enough 'stink' raised to expose, not only the
attempt to extort federal funds to keep Boeing's assembly line
operational, but the underlying criminal conduct of several Boeing
executives and DOD personnel.

Educate yourself about the proposed removal of congressional FAA
budget oversight and other aspects of the ATC privatization proposal.
Then write your federal representatives and lobby hard and long
against the ATC privatization boondoggle. Don't neglect to emphasize
the potential hazard to the public such a move will impose on airline
passengers, the enormous cost to tax payers at a time of record
federal expenditures, and the already brain-dead security and
logistics of airline travel.

ATC privatization is just another move supported by large corporate
interests and the current administration to raid the federal treasury
and further restrict our citizens' constitutional rights. The day of
reckoning is nigh; look at the public exposure of the misuse of
federal funds by contractors in Iraq (Halliburton/Blackwater,
contractors charging the government ten times the legitimate cost to
perform and taking kickbacks....). Look for a groundswell movement to
reform federal spending and corruption.

Ours is a government of the PEOPLE, by the People, and for the PEOPLE,
and corporations are not PEOPLE; expose their greedy exploits at every
opportunity, or resign yourself to enslavement through inaction.

[rec.aviation.ifr, rec.aviation.student added]

--

"The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be
ruled by evil men." -- Plato

A great civilization is not conquered from without until it
has destroyed itself from within. ***
- Ariel Durant 1898-1981

"A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can
only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves
money from the public treasure. From that moment on the majority
always votes for the candidates promising the most money from the
public treasury, with the result that a democracy always collapses
over loose fiscal policy followed by a dictatorship.

The average age of the world's great civilizations has been two
hundred years. These nations have progressed through the following
sequence: from bondage to spiritual faith, from spiritual faith to
great courage, from courage to liberty, from liberty to abundance,
from abundance to selfishness, from selfishness to complacency from
complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependency, from dependency back
to bondage."
-- Alexander Tyler - Circa 1780 - discussing the fall of the
Athenian Democracy.

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain
the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the
government." -- Patrick Henry

Old February 9th 07, 07:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
ktbr

Jim Logajan wrote:
You have no idea how expensive it is for the federal government
to maintain the atmosphere! You think it just grows on trees!?

Didn't Algore invent the atmosphere?
Old February 9th 07, 07:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
B A R R Y[_2_]

Steve Foley wrote:
I won't call for flight
following, and I'll avoid airports with towers.

I wonder what it'll be like for ATC if all of the VFR aircraft that
currently use flight following become 1200 blips on the radar?
Old February 9th 07, 07:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Darkwing

wrote in message
oups.com...
All I have to say about user fees is that if they are implemented and
I am going to be nickeled and dimed to death by a bureaucratic
nightmare that adds overhead and significantly more per hour cost to
an already expensive per hour rate for flying time, I am going to hang
up my wings...

Just imagine what the per pilot cost of the FAA will be when about
200,000 pilots are driven out of the system by user fees.

Maybe Hillary will use some of the Exxon profits that she wants to use for
alternative energy (since it is her money obviously) and help out us lowly
GA pilots.

-------------------------------------
DW

Old February 9th 07, 07:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Darkwing

"ktbr" wrote in message
Jim Logajan wrote:
You have no idea how expensive it is for the federal government to
maintain the atmosphere! You think it just grows on trees!?

Didn't Algore invent the atmosphere?

....and the Democrats taxed it.

DW

NAS User Fees Loom Larger! Larry Dighera Piloting 0 December 20th 06 12:33 AM
Trouble ahead over small plane fees AJ Piloting 90 April 15th 06 01:19 PM
What will user fees do to small towered airports Steve Foley Piloting 10 March 8th 06 04:13 PM
GA User fees Jose Piloting 48 December 24th 05 03:12 AM
The Irony of Boeing/Jeppesen Being Charged User Fees! Larry Dighera Piloting 9 January 23rd 04 01:23 PM