Fueling items--17 May auction, Colorado Springs

Old May 17th 07, 06:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.marketplace
Douglas Paterson

Default Fueling items--17 May auction, Colorado Springs

Very short notice, I realize, but I just found out about this myself. A
local "family fun center" (arcade, mini golf, bumper cars, etc.) in Colorado
Springs, CO, has gone under & is auctioning everything (literally--the real
estate, too) tomorrow, Thursday, 17 May 07.

http://www.gabid.com/auctions/listin...=1783&State=CO

I attended the "preview" session today, and two items caught my eye as being
potentially useful for a GA owner (and therefore, I hope, useful info for
this group):
- (3) "gas caddies" (items 86 H, I, & J)--30 gal, basically a tank on a
hand truck with hand pump attached; 30 gal may be a bit small for fueling
most airplanes, but it surely must beat lugging jerry cans across the ramp
for mogas users w/o vehicle access (for example), and I think it would be a
huge help for de-fueling (bi-directional hand pump); Google "handy gc-30 gas
caddy" for info
- (1) 150 gal gas tank (didn't get the number)--exactly what it sounds
like; don't know what, if any, pump or hoses or any other accessories may be
included; this would presumably appeal more to someone in an airpark or
otherwise storing their own fuel; again, limited size may limit usefulness,
depending on application
- Besides these, there are all sorts of tools & shop equipment of a
general nature that could have hangar uses.

I have NO connection whatsoever to the auction company or the defunct
business, other than as a potential bidder. As I say, this struck me as
something that might interest the group (albeit probably too-short notice
for most). Anything can happen at an auction, but I imagine things like
this could probably be had for a song (at least compared to new). I'm still
a wanna-be GA owner, so I'm not really interested in these for myself right
now (I was attracted to the auction for the arcade games). There's
apparently an online simulcast for the auction, but I don't see these items
on the online bidding list, so that may not help. Anyway, hope someone
finds this useful!
--
Doug
"Where am I to go/Now that I've gone too far?" -- Golden Earring, "Twilight

Old May 17th 07, 04:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.marketplace

Doug,

Cool, this is exactly what should be posted here.

Thank you!

If I had seen it a little earlier, I would probably have asked you
to pick me up at the airport!

Thank you again for the information!

Jer/

In rec.aviation.marketplace Douglas Paterson wrote:
Very short notice, I realize, but I just found out about this myself. A
local "family fun center" (arcade, mini golf, bumper cars, etc.) in Colorado
Springs, CO, has gone under & is auctioning everything (literally--the real
estate, too) tomorrow, Thursday, 17 May 07.

http://www.gabid.com/auctions/listin...=1783&State=CO

Jer/ "Flight instruction and mountain flying are my vocations!"
--
Jer/ (Slash) Eberhard, Mountain Flying Aviation, LTD, Ft Collins, CO
CELL 970 231-6325 EMAIL jer'at'frii.com http://users.frii.com/jer/