12 dead this weekend from GA crashes

Old February 7th 06, 03:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default 12 dead this weekend from GA crashes - what about skiing??

I think theres a difference between a sport and a federally and state
funded transportation system.

Yes there is (it's federally funded BTW) - but your point *whatever it
was* is lost when you start a thread trumpeting the deaths of X people
in small aircraft, and follow that up with non-sequiturs about locking
gas caps & drama etc. For a guy who doesn't fly you sure spend enough
time in here spewing your slanted BS about GA & AOPA as if you have
nothing better to do with your time. You've said before you have a
Mossberg shotgun - do you post similarly ignorant drivel on NRA
websites? You keep posting this crap to essentially the same group of
pilot readers, who by now have all written you off as a wannabe pilot
that couldn't get it done, or worse just another Internet crackpot.

Ugh. disgusted sigh

Old February 7th 06, 03:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default 12 dead this weekend from GA crashes

by "Flyingmonk" Feb 7, 2006 at 06:12 AM

What would be wrong with mandating better security at GA airports?

What would be wrong with enforcing noise abatement?

What would be wrong with charging people for the services they use?

Because NONE of the above is a real threat to anyone and THAT money can
be better spent elsewhere. DUMBASS!

The Monk

I thought you were supposed to be a placid Buddhist type. The "DUMBASS!"
seems to belie that...

Anyway, excessive noise is a large, and growing problem. Millions of
people are directly affected. There are many anti-noise groups throughout
the country, but I choose to work solo, for now...

As far as money being better spent elsewhere, I totally agree: federal
grants (operating and AIP) to GA airports should be eliminated. Zero.
Make the users fully pay.

Old February 7th 06, 03:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Sorry dude, had the attack out the noids. g

The Monk

Old February 7th 06, 03:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Had to vent and you looked just as good as any at the moment LOL.

The Monk

Old February 7th 06, 03:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

by " Feb 7, 2006 at 06:22 AM

I think theres a difference between a sport and a federally and state

funded transportation system.

Yes there is (it's federally funded BTW) - but your point *whatever it
was* is lost when you start a thread trumpeting the deaths of X people
in small aircraft, and follow that up with non-sequiturs about locking
gas caps & drama etc. For a guy who doesn't fly you sure spend enough
time in here spewing your slanted BS about GA & AOPA as if you have
nothing better to do with your time. You've said before you have a
Mossberg shotgun - do you post similarly ignorant drivel on NRA
websites? You keep posting this crap to essentially the same group of
pilot readers, who by now have all written you off as a wannabe pilot
that couldn't get it done, or worse just another Internet crackpot.

Ugh. disgusted sigh

I don't post on NRA websites, nor do I belong to that group. I see both
sides of the gun debate. I am not a wannabe pilot. Internet crackpot?
Well, ok. I'll take that handle.

(the comment about locking gas caps was in response to someone elses
lament that planes do not have these...)

As far as the "ugh!":
I'll post less, but still visit the group regularly, as I do receive lots
of good information here.

BTW, I am breaking the news on the FAA budget ahead of the AOPA (see "Bush
Budget"). Just trust me, I know about these things....

I expect a hysterical outcry is being prepared right now by the patriots
at the AOPA. I bet it will be on their web site shortly.

Old February 7th 06, 03:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

by "Flyingmonk" Feb 7, 2006 at 06:26 AM

Had to vent and you looked just as good as any at the moment LOL.

The Monk

Cool. I understand "venting."

Old February 7th 06, 04:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Skylune wrote:
by Newps Feb 6, 2006 at 12:17 PM

Skylune wrote:

6 in South Carolina, 3 in Wisconsin, 3 in Florida (another Cirrus).

So what?

Excellent question.

And yet you still post your drivel.

Old February 7th 06, 04:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

kontiki wrote:

-- Deaths of 5 Skiers Stun Mammoth

In the span of a week, three skiing accidents, a heart attack and an
avalanche claimed the lives of four visitors and a ski patrol veteran.

And just about every time some idiot from Minnesota comes out here to
Montana to go snowmobiling we have to dig his dead ass out of the
avalanche he started.
Old February 7th 06, 04:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Skylune wrote:

I think theres a difference between a sport and a federally and state
funded transportation system.

Think again. Every mountain ski area is federally and state funded.
Old February 7th 06, 05:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

by Newps Feb 7, 2006 at 08:42 AM

Think again. Every mountain ski area is federally and state funded.

I don't need to think again. You don't know what you're talking about.
Here's SEC filings for american skiing corp, the largest operator of ski
resorts in the USA. Dig deep, and find the federal funding. I'll be
waiting.

http://peaks.shareholder.com/EdgarDe...5-29&SID=05-00

Sure there are some state owned areas (cannon mt. in NH for e.g.), but ski
areas are overwhelmingly privately owned, with absolutely zero state or
federal funding. Where do u come up with this bizarre stuff???? The
AOPA???