Last words

Old November 25th 03, 04:42 PM
Snowbird

- Barnyard BOb - wrote in message . ..

Some bonehead at 2000 feet in a C-150 tried
to T-bone me in the left door... if I had one.
He missed vertically by 25 feet or 30 feet.
Classic case of head in the cockpit???

Everyone - not only keep your head out of the cockpit,
but on a very active swivel. The other guy may not looking
out for you.....or even himself.

Bob took his 'horsie' to the shop
"These near-midairs have got to stop"
A small white plane is hard to see
Especially an RV-3
The painter was a helpful fellow
And now Serendipity's DAY GLOW YELLOW

-sdh '03
Old November 25th 03, 06:09 PM
- Barnyard BOb -

Snowbird) wrote:

Some bonehead at 2000 feet in a C-150 tried
to T-bone me in the left door... if I had one.
He missed vertically by 25 feet or 30 feet.
Classic case of head in the cockpit???

Everyone - not only keep your head out of the cockpit,
but on a very active swivel. The other guy may not looking
out for you.....or even himself.

Bob took his 'horsie' to the shop
"These near-midairs have got to stop"
A small white plane is hard to see
Especially an RV-3
The painter was a helpful fellow
And now Serendipity's DAY GLOW YELLOW

-sdh '03

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Your poem is quite the gas.
However, I'm still in need of....

TCAS

http://www.caasd.org/proj/tcas/

Barnyard BOb --

Old November 25th 03, 11:17 PM
Fred the Red Shirt

"karel adams" wrote in message ...
"Bob Martin" schreef in bericht

Splat! wrote in message
http://www.planecrashinfo.com/lastwords.htm

Don't know about the rest of you, but I find that site in particularly

poor
taste.

I'm not sure.
After all there is a clause
"CAUTION, MAY BE DISTURBING"
well highlighted right upon entry.
Maybe like adult content sites
there ought to be a
'click to consent'
before really entering

And also, people wanting to learn
from other people's errors
can learn a lot here

But to serve that purpose first
the site should be organised differently
1) date, aircraft, brief story
2) full story
3) analysis (possibly biased)
4) official reports
5) recordings

Each line on that page is clickable and takes you to a page with
some of the information above, and a longer transcript of the
last communications.

--

FF
Old November 25th 03, 11:59 PM
Roger Halstead

On Mon, 24 Nov 2003 18:24:01 -0600, - Barnyard BOb -
wrote:

I didn't. Those who forget history are doomed to repeat it. Statistics
are statistics, but reading the transcriptions...it's easy to be in that
cockpit right next to them.

I always get a charge from the photo of the two pilots turned around
for their photograph whith the Baron visible in the windshiled behind
them. Although the photo is contrived, it still gives me the shivers.

Roger Halstead

If that gives you shivers.....
You should have been in my RV-3 on Saturday.

Some bonehead at 2000 feet in a C-150 tried
to T-bone me in the left door... if I had one.
He missed vertically by 25 feet or 30 feet.
Classic case of head in the cockpit???

Many, many, many...and so on...years ago in another life, far, far
away....(and I've probably told this story on here at least a dozen
times, but I don't remember any so it's all new to me)

I was landing the Piper Colt on 36 and Midland Barstow (3BS). I
probably had 5 or 6 hours in by then and could actually land the Colt
unassisted (most of the time).

At that time 18/36 was only paved south of the intersection with 06/24
which is about 900 feet. It's about as close to the express way as it
can get and still have a road run between them. Basically you are no
more than 300 feet coming over US-10 and usually no more than 200.

As we were passing over US-10 I caught a flash out the corner of my
right eye and had an image of rivets out the left window.

A Comanche was flying the express way at low altitude and passed
directly under us. He was actually past us before either of us jumped.
All I can tell is it had the maroon and white paint and the top of the
tail was really shiny. The top of the vertical stabilizer passed
between the nose gear and the main gear. I'd guess it was less than 6
inches below the bottom of the Colt's fuselage. (maybe less) Now,
figure the timing to get that tail between the gear on the Colt while
we were moving at 90 degrees to his flight path.

You'll have to fix the return add due to dumb virus checkers, not spam
(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair?)
www.rogerhalstead.com

A couple of weeks ago, nearly identical situation.
However, I saw that perpetrator coming early on.
Like this dude, he took no evasive action at any time.

Flying low is not for me anymore, but not much way
to avoid this crowed airspace when transitioning from
cross-country to landing or takeoff.

Everyone - not only keep your head out of the cockpit,
but on a very active swivel. The other guy may not looking
out for you.....or even himself.

Barnyard BOb -- maximum safety is a helluva challenge

Old November 26th 03, 12:59 AM
Morgans

Snowbird) wrote:

Some bonehead at 2000 feet in a C-150 tried
to T-bone me in the left door... if I had one.
He missed vertically by 25 feet or 30 feet.
Classic case of head in the cockpit???

Everyone - not only keep your head out of the cockpit,
but on a very active swivel. The other guy may not looking
out for you.....or even himself.

Bob took his 'horsie' to the shop
"These near-midairs have got to stop"
A small white plane is hard to see
Especially an RV-3
The painter was a helpful fellow
And now Serendipity's DAY GLOW YELLOW

-sdh '03

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Your poem is quite the gas.
However, I'm still in need of....

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
.....a smaller ass?
--
Jim in NC

Old November 26th 03, 01:46 AM
Zippy

Barnyard wrote

Your poem is quite the gas.
However, I'm still in need of....

A lesson in class
Old November 26th 03, 01:50 AM
Ron Wanttaja

On Wed, 26 Nov 2003 01:46:15 GMT, Zippy wrote:

Barnyard wrote

Your poem is quite the gas.
However, I'm still in need of....

A lesson in class

.... a compliant lass?

(Oh, wait a minute, that's what *I* need... :-)

Ron Wanttaja
Old November 26th 03, 04:38 AM
- Barnyard BOb -

Zippy wrote:

Barnyard wrote

Your poem is quite the gas.
However, I'm still in need of....

A lesson in class

+++++++++++++++++

Hi dippy Zippy.

Other than dad's computer, which is more fun for you....
pulling wings off of live grasshoppers or setting cats
on fire with gasoline?

BOb - be kind to animals - U.

The more people I meet,
the more I love my dog
and George Carlin humor.
Old November 30th 03, 05:34 AM
John Ousterhout

On Tue, 25 Nov 2003 01:11:29 -0600, - Barnyard BOb -
wrote:

Maybe Santa will surprise me.

Based on your position -- far to the wrong side of the naughty-nice
continuum -- you should be surprised if Santa even shows up at your
home.

- J.O.-