Downloading Flying Music?

Old January 26th 04, 10:49 PM
CW9371

Unfortunately, the CD player is built-in to the panel, and is only a couple
of years old -- so I'm not looking to replace it.

Any recommendations on software that will convert MP3 files to something
that is playable on a "regular" CD player?
--

All you have to do is burn it as a audio cd using nero or roxio burners. No
problem its an auto feature built into the program.

Chris
Old January 26th 04, 10:50 PM
CW9371

Don't use Kazzaa,,,, they install spyware/adware on your system...

Only kazzaa does, not kazalite. However use a firewall it keeps the spyware
from dialing out

chrs
Old January 26th 04, 10:53 PM
CW9371

Don't use Kazzaa,,,, they install spyware/adware on your system...

There is also bittorrent, but there u have to have some knowledge of computers.
Good for full albums. Emule and edonky work. Napster if u wanna pay, I tunes
and a few others for paying. If u decide to keep something u should buy it
however
Old January 27th 04, 12:13 AM
RU ok

"Morgans" wrote:

A buck per song is not bad? Are you nuts? That is as much or more than you
would pay for a factory made cd, even more, when you consider the cost of
the blank data disk.

The only fair thing to do is rip off the music industry as bad as you can,
for overcharging us for music all these years.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

A buck a song under these conditions is certainly an outrage.
Fifty cents would still be internet highway robbery.

However, since when did two wrongs make a right?

Barnyard BOb -
Curmudgeon with a conscience....
or just the devil's advocate?

Old January 27th 04, 12:39 AM
Morgans

"RU ok" wrote
A buck a song under these conditions is certainly an outrage.
Fifty cents would still be internet highway robbery.

However, since when did two wrongs make a right?

Barnyard BOb -

g I've got to admit to throwing this out, after I saw all of the kaazaa
and other suggestions. I do not use these services, but wanted to see the
reaction. It was about as I expected.

When someone gets a download fee of 2 or 3 bucks per record (ouch, my age is
showing), or a quarter per song, then I will consider using them. Until
then, the radio will have to do.
--
Jim in NC

Old January 27th 04, 02:05 AM
Doug

I hate to break it to you , but downloading music is 'not' stealing ,
regardless of what spin they put on it. No one has ever been charged with
theft by the RIAA. What it is , is copyright infringement, and that is what
people 'are' being charged with.

Doug

"DBlumel" wrote

Sorry Jim, we live in a free market economy. If you don't want to buy

because
the price is too high in your estimation, that's your choice. But you

cannot
justify stealing because you think they charge too much. I suppose you

would
only mark your products up 10% before selling, If you had anything someone

else
would want. So if you don't like a price in the store I guess you would

steal
that also. Or if you though they charged you too much last time you can

steal
it this time. With irrational thinking like that its no wonder our country

is
going to hell in a hand basket.

Old January 27th 04, 02:13 AM
Kevin Horton

On Mon, 26 Jan 2004 15:24:44 -0500, Morgans wrote:

A buck per song is not bad? Are you nuts? That is as much or more than
you
would pay for a factory made cd, even more, when you consider the cost of
the blank data disk.

It all depends on how many good songs there are on the album. If there
are only three or four good songs, then a buck a song to download them
looks pretty good to me.

--
Kevin Horton RV-8 (finishing kit)
Ottawa, Canada

Old January 27th 04, 02:41 AM
Ron Wanttaja

On Mon, 26 Jan 2004 15:24:44 -0500, "Morgans"
wrote:

"sean trost" wrote in message
. com...

as for downloading music. I used to be partial to Kazaa lite. but am
leaning towards napster again or Itunes. As these sites actually
support the music biz. and 99 cents per song aint bad.
all the best

A buck per song is not bad? Are you nuts? That is as much or more than you
would pay for a factory made cd, even more, when you consider the cost of
the blank data disk.

It's only overpriced if you assume all the songs on a CD are of equal
value. Most are not. If you just want two or three great songs, spending
$1 each makes more sense than shelling out $15 for the three good songs and
12 awful ones. Makes even more sense if the three good songs happen to be
on different albums.

Of course, picking and choosing just a couple of songs from an album can
make you miss out on some unexpected gems. Often, my favorite song on a CD
is not the one I bought the album for.

The cost of the blank data disk is trivial on a per-song basis. I casually
collect LPs and tapes of old flying songs from the wars of the past
century, and have been copying them to my hard disk and burning compilation
CDs (gotta have SOMETHING to sing along with, on the way to the airport).
I can generally cram at least twenty of these on a single CD.

Ron "Stand to your glasses" Wanttaja
Old January 27th 04, 02:51 AM
Ron Wanttaja

On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 02:05:20 GMT, "Doug" wrote:

I hate to break it to you , but downloading music is 'not' stealing ,
regardless of what spin they put on it. No one has ever been charged with
theft by the RIAA. What it is , is copyright infringement, and that is what
people 'are' being charged with.

I'll agree it's not "theft" in the legal sense, but I do agree that it's
"stealing." You're using something of value without paying for it. It's
like I slipped out to the airport and flew someone else's airplane without
permission. Even if I fill the tanks after I land, most people will
consider that I stole the airplane. Criminal charges would likely be for
something else, though.

Ron Wanttaja
Old January 27th 04, 02:56 AM
DBlumel

I hate to break it to you , but downloading music is 'not' stealing ,
regardless of what spin they put on it. No one has ever been charged with
theft by the RIAA. What it is , is copyright infringement, and that is what
people 'are' being charged with.

Uh...., Copyright infringement is a very specific type of theft. Call a "spade
a spade" lets not mince words here.

Flying with music? caroline Aerobatics 0 September 18th 04 03:13 AM
rec.aviation.aerobatics FAQ Dr. Guenther Eichhorn Aerobatics 0 February 1st 04 07:27 AM
"I Want To FLY!"-(Youth) My store to raise funds for flying lessons Curtl33 Home Built 0 December 12th 03 12:01 AM
"I Want To FLY!"-(Youth) My store to raise funds for flying lessons Curtl33 Aerobatics 0 December 12th 03 12:00 AM
OT- beech starships still flying? patrick mitchel Home Built 6 November 30th 03 03:30 AM