"Flying too High" by Steven Pomper

Old October 4th 05, 09:49 PM
Jay Beckman

"Skylune" wrote in message
lkaboutaviation.com...
Annual drug tests s/b given to drivers as well. Perhaps supplemented with
random drug tests for Massachusetts drivers.

Start with the Kennedys...

Jay B

Old October 4th 05, 09:51 PM
Pesky Irritant

Bob Moore wrote:
ET wrote

Ah, your in the wrong thread, this belongs in the "Troll of the year
award" thread.

And perhaps your's belongs in the English Challenged thread! "You're"
is the correct contraction for "you are".

What is this, a meeting of the Two Stooges of grammar? Curly, meet Moe.
Moe, meet Curly. There are no apostrophes in possessive personal pronouns.
It should be "yours" not "your's."
Old October 4th 05, 09:52 PM
Skylune

"The Gas Chamber." Wow! That would definitely eliminate someone's
freedom.

"Contempt and loathing..." Is that anything like "Fear and Loathing?"

Not everyone is a suspected criminal: just GA pilots.

Old October 4th 05, 10:07 PM
Skylune

Here is the solution:

http://ismydrivingsafe.com/rs/Driver...%20Program.htm

Old October 4th 05, 10:30 PM
ET

Pesky Irritant wrote in
:

Bob Moore wrote:
ET wrote

Ah, your in the wrong thread, this belongs in the "Troll of the year
award" thread.

And perhaps your's belongs in the English Challenged thread!
"You're" is the correct contraction for "you are".

What is this, a meeting of the Two Stooges of grammar? Curly, meet
Moe. Moe, meet Curly. There are no apostrophes in possessive personal
pronouns. It should be "yours" not "your's."

HA! touche!
--
-- ET :-)

"A common mistake people make when trying to design something
fools."---- Douglas Adams
Old October 4th 05, 10:52 PM

Skylune wrote:
Here is the solution:

http://ismydrivingsafe.com/rs/Driver...%20Program.htm

Solution to what, lack of employment opportunities for police officers?
What you're proposing is a police state. Perhaps instead of the gas
chamber you'd put every one of us in an infant's crib where smarter,
better people protect us from all the Bad Things that can hurt Baby. If
people like you managed to ban GA completely you'd just find something
new to go after. Motorcycles, personal watercraft, cigarettes, red
meat, cell phones, pornography, there's a whole world of personal
freedoms out there just waiting to **** you off.

-cwk.

Old October 4th 05, 10:53 PM
Bob Moore

Pesky Irritant wrote

It should be "yours" not "your's."

I don't believe that I did that!

Bob

Old October 4th 05, 11:13 PM
TaxSrv

"Skylune" wrote:
The author's main point was that a moron like JFK Jr. can
fly legally (LEGALLY, that is the point!) with VFR at night
in hazy conditions, unsupervised. This is a fact.

He was not a moron, but rather a Kennedy, and Kennedys are people
who must succeed. He was well aware he lacked the skills for this,
but pressed on as Kennedys must. Read the NTSB carefully, and see
the lack of self-confidence, like how he had an instructor with him
on almost all his cross-country trips, on even nice days, and
despite having over 300 hours. Does any pilot here know somebody
who does this? Imagine also how none of his instructors may have
had the courage to tell him, or Uncle Ted, he's a failure at this.
FAA thus need not tighten the rules because of such an
extraordinary case.

Fred F.

Old October 4th 05, 11:45 PM
Hank Rausch

Skylune wrote:
Here is the solution:

http://ismydrivingsafe.com/rs/Driver...%20Program.htm

I went to this site and now I think I understand your position
vis-a-vis GA. The website is a prescription for a citizen surveillance
program that would have found acceptance in East Germany or communist
China. Anyone who would advocate such a sytem must have a deep seated
fear of personal liberty. If GA (and personal liberty) really bothers
you all that much, there are many more restrictive regimes on the
planet in which to live. I suspect that killing off GA would not
satisfy a person who advocates the driving surveillance program, as
there are many other ways Americans exercise their personal freedoms
that would remain. Short of some sort of fascist takeover, you can't
strip all the liberties away that bother you--it would be easier just
to move to an authoritarian country.

Old October 5th 05, 12:36 AM

Jay Beckman wrote:
"Skylune" wrote in message
lkaboutaviation.com...
Annual drug tests s/b given to drivers as well. Perhaps supplemented with
random drug tests for Massachusetts drivers.

Start with the Kennedys...

LOL for real! I'm a Bostonian and luckily I'd already finished my sip
of beer when I read that, or I'd be wiping down my monitor. You don't
need drug tests for Massholes, we're mostly just drunks. It's those
hippies in Vermont you've got to worry about.