Auto Fuel STC

Old September 16th 03, 04:02 AM
Jeff

Default Auto Fuel STC

I have a friend who just bought an old Cessna 175. He wants to get an auto
fuel STC. He told me that someone overheard someone tell someone else about
a friend who.......he thinks there is somewhere on the internet where he can
get this STC for free. He does not have access to the internet and asked me
to do a little research. I did a google search and did not see anything pop
out that was obvious.

Is this guy just crazy or what?

Jeff
letempt (at) fidnet (dot) com

Old September 16th 03, 05:30 AM
Robert Little

I hope you're right. But as far as I know, the STCs for auto fuel from both
Petersen or EAA is a buck per horsepower (unless they have gone up again).
They used to be 50 cents per hp but the high overhead cost of maintaining
the STC paperwork (translates as "greed")drove the prices up. RTL

Old September 16th 03, 10:17 AM
Barnyard BOb --

On Mon, 15 Sep 2003 23:30:30 -0500, "Robert Little"
wrote:

I hope you're right. But as far as I know, the STCs for auto fuel from both
Petersen or EAA is a buck per horsepower (unless they have gone up again).
They used to be 50 cents per hp but the high overhead cost of maintaining
the STC paperwork (translates as "greed")drove the prices up. RTL

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

AHA!

Another cost saving benefit of going the homebuilt route.
No auto fuel STC required.

However, this is NOT an excuse to
use auto fuel in aircarft not suited to it.

Barnyard BOb --

Old September 17th 03, 03:22 AM
Capt. Doug

Barnyard BOb wrote in message However, this is NOT an excuse to
use auto fuel in aircarft not suited to it.

The C-175 uses a geared Continental O-300. The valves will stick no matter
what kind of gas one chooses to use. Is this one of the types you consider
not suited for auto-gas?

D. ("aircarft"?)

Old September 17th 03, 03:47 AM
Jerry Springer

Capt. Doug wrote:
Barnyard BOb wrote in message However, this is NOT an excuse to
use auto fuel in aircarft not suited to it.

The C-175 uses a geared Continental O-300. The valves will stick no matter
what kind of gas one chooses to use. Is this one of the types you consider
not suited for auto-gas?

D. ("aircarft"?)

That is an aircraft with an auto engine and we know how BOb feels about
that.

Old September 17th 03, 03:56 AM
Robert Bates

How long ago? I recently contacted him about a PA23-180 and he said he
wasn't interested in working on any more STCs for the time being

"Orval Fairbairn" wrote in message
news
In article ,
"Jeff" my last name @fidnet.com wrote:

I have a friend who just bought an old Cessna 175. He wants to get an

auto
fuel STC. He told me that someone overheard someone tell someone else

about
a friend who.......he thinks there is somewhere on the internet where he

can
get this STC for free. He does not have access to the internet and

asked me
to do a little research. I did a google search and did not see anything

pop
out that was obvious.

Is this guy just crazy or what?

Jeff
letempt (at) fidnet (dot) com

I did -- but -- I also provided Peterson with the necessary data to STC
the Lycoming O-435 direct-drive engines. A friend also got a free STC
for the Stinson L-5 by providing similar data to Peterson.

If the C-175 is not currently STC'd, and you think that you can provide
pertinent data to obtain an STC, contact them.

Old September 17th 03, 04:48 AM
Richard Lamb

Jerry Springer wrote:

Capt. Doug wrote:
Barnyard BOb wrote in message However, this is NOT an excuse to
use auto fuel in aircarft not suited to it.

The C-175 uses a geared Continental O-300. The valves will stick no matter
what kind of gas one chooses to use. Is this one of the types you consider
not suited for auto-gas?

D. ("aircarft"?)

That is an aircraft with an auto engine and we know how BOb feels about
that.

Pardon me for buttin in, but huh?

--
Richard Lamb

http://www.flash.net/~lamb01/

Old September 17th 03, 05:26 AM
Morgans

"Richard Lamb" wrote in message

D. ("aircarft"?)

That is an aircraft with an auto engine and we know how BOb feels about
that.

Pardon me for buttin in, but huh?

--
Richard Lamb

Notice the appearance of "car" in the misspelled word.

You can groan now. g
--
Jim in NC

Old September 17th 03, 09:45 AM
Barnyard BOb --

On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 02:47:32 GMT, Jerry Springer
wrote:

Capt. Doug wrote:
Barnyard BOb wrote in message However, this is NOT an excuse to
use auto fuel in aircarft not suited to it.

The C-175 uses a geared Continental O-300. The valves will stick no matter
what kind of gas one chooses to use. Is this one of the types you consider
not suited for auto-gas?

D. ("aircarft"?)

That is an aircraft with an auto engine and we know how BOb feels about
that.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

You dang barnyard baiter ! g

I built most of my hours towards my commercial ticket flying a
C-175. What a POS. It was owned by the regional director of
Encyclopedia Britannica back in 1959. Certainly a fitting aircraft
for those pesky pimps peddling paper pulp. [For those too young
to remember, they were the equivalent of today's telemarketers.]

FWIW --
A fellow RV-3 owner here at 3GV also flies his dad's C-175.
On the way to Osh, it had a piston fail with less than 800 hours
since major, so he never made Osh. So.... this particular
engine continues to build a reputation only somewhat better
than the average auto engine in a plane. B-D

Barnyard BOb --

What's the best auto gas for a/c use in California? [email protected] Home Built 12 September 17th 03 08:47 PM
Fuel pressure Problems smf Home Built 3 September 7th 03 08:25 PM
Christen Fuel Pump troubleshooting ShawnD2112 Aerobatics 4 August 17th 03 12:08 PM
Barnyard--- Auto engines Jerry Springer Home Built 10 August 8th 03 06:38 PM
Question ~ Does fuel injection add weight? Barnyard BOb -- Home Built 0 July 6th 03 09:47 PM