8710 for CFII

Old April 6th 07, 12:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Jim Burns[_2_]

Default 8710 for CFII

My CFII oral was strictly safety, limitations, and common sense real life
teaching questions as related to teaching instrument flying. Almost every
question started out with "How or what would you teach your student...."
The inflight portion consisted of demonstration, teaching, and questions
that pertained to the immediate task.
I agree with Robert, it was also my easiest checkride.
Jim
CFII / MEI no sea

Old April 6th 07, 08:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Robert M. Gary

On Apr 5, 11:15 am, Bill Zaleski wrote:
On 5 Apr 2007 10:25:13 -0700, "Robert M. Gary"
wrote:

On Apr 5, 5:58 am, Bill Zaleski wrote:
On 4 Apr 2007 20:39:42 -0700, "Robert M. Gary"
wrote:

On Apr 4, 8:10 pm, "Steven Barnes" wrote:
I hate to admit it, but I'm not sure which boxes to check on the 8710 for my
upcoming CFII checkride. *My* CFI is away for a couple days & I just wanted
to get the IACRA app filled out ahead of time.

For the initial ride, I checked Airplane Single Engine, Flight Instructor &
"Initial". Would this one be "Additional Instructor" ? Ugh, I feel like
I've failed my ride & I haven't even filled out the form yet... :-)

--

CP-ASEL, instrument, CFI

"additional instructor" and "instrument rating"? Strange that the 8710
isn't at all like the tickets themselves. BTW: Make sure you have all
3 endorsements (checkride, written review, 60 days).

-robert, CFII

The 60 day endorsement does not apply to CFI practical tests.- Hide quoted text -

No, in fact we had a CFI checkride scrubed by the DE because the
instructor forgot the 60 day endorsement.

Well then, the DE is wrong. There is no requirement.

Either way, the DE called the FSDO, which confirmed it (no 60 day
endorsement, no CFI ride) and the ride was canceled.

-Robert