Groom Lake/area 51 Migs from 70s info needed

Old September 9th 03, 10:47 PM
Aerophotos

Default Groom Lake/area 51 Migs from 70s info needed

Anyone got info on what the Red Hats Sqn flying foreign Migs were doing
at Groom lake aka Area 51 in the early-late 70s?
Old September 9th 03, 10:56 PM
Erik Plagen

"Aerophotos" wrote in message

Anyone got info on what the Red Hats Sqn flying foreign Migs were doing
at Groom lake aka Area 51 in the early-late 70s?

North American Aviation had a BBQ of Shrimp to celebrate Paul Hogan's new
Crocodile Dundee movie?

Old September 9th 03, 11:05 PM
Ragnar

"Aerophotos" wrote in message
Anyone got info on what the Red Hats Sqn flying foreign Migs were doing
at Groom lake aka Area 51 in the early-late 70s?

Presumably they were flying them.

Old September 9th 03, 11:29 PM
Gene Storey

"Aerophotos" wrote

Anyone got info on what the Red Hats Sqn flying foreign Migs were doing
at Groom lake aka Area 51 in the early-late 70s?

Never heard of the Red Hats, but the only Mig aircraft in the early 70's
would have been crap collectors items for defensive/spoofing electronic
sensor design. Now the Mig 23's that came later, *that* was some great
aircraft. I liked the fact how the 23 was built to NATO specs as far as
ground AGE was concerned! The 23's were the first aircraft out of
Groom that operated in a four-ship package, and scared the hell out of
just about everyone on the ranges. I have a picture of two 23's on the
port wing of an RC-135 over St. George, Utah giving us the bird.

Old September 9th 03, 11:53 PM
Gordon

The 23's were the first aircraft out of
Groom that operated in a four-ship package, and scared the hell out of
just about everyone on the ranges. I have a picture of two 23's on the
port wing of an RC-135 over St. George, Utah giving us the bird.

Post it on Alt.binaries.pictures.military ! We'd love to see it.

v/r
Gordon
====(A+C====
USN SAR Aircrew

"Got anything on your radar, SENSO?"
"Nothing but my forehead, sir."
Old September 10th 03, 04:00 AM
Tarver Engineering

"Aerophotos" wrote in message
Anyone got info on what the Red Hats Sqn flying foreign Migs were doing
at Groom lake aka Area 51 in the early-late 70s?

Red hats are GE, you figure it out.

Old September 10th 03, 12:13 PM
Aerophotos

care to explain what my mate was doing flying a USAF aircraft over the
groom lake airspace and range in combat with "mig -21"was then ?

he even told me he has flown directly above groom lake and even done low
fly bys after the air combat training.

he flew extensively against the mig 21 in tactic evaluations.

so you sure area 51 didnt exist in 70s ?, please check your answer cause
your wrong.... according to my mate ....who done a lot of flying in the
USAF in his time and racked up some amazing things in his career...

From: Aerophotos

Anyone got info on what the Red Hats Sqn flying foreign Migs were doing at

Groom lake aka Area 51 in the early-late 70s?

Ummmm, Groom Lake aka Area 51 didn't exist in the 70's. That's the story and
we're sticking to it.
Dave

Old September 10th 03, 02:29 PM
C.D. Damron

"Aerophotos" wrote in message
mig 21 in tactic evaluations.

so you sure area 51 didnt exist in 70s ?, please check your answer cause
your wrong.... according to my mate ....who done a lot of flying in the
USAF in his time and racked up some amazing things in his career...

Uhhhhhh, I think you missed something.

Old September 10th 03, 03:39 PM
breyfogle

Area 51 has existed for something like 50 years or so but until the mid 80's
(??) it was so secret that any suggestion of its mere existance was
catagorically denied.

From: Aerophotos

Anyone got info on what the Red Hats Sqn flying foreign Migs were doing

at
Groom lake aka Area 51 in the early-late 70s?

Ummmm, Groom Lake aka Area 51 didn't exist in the 70's. That's the story

and
we're sticking to it.
Dave

HA-6 Carburetor Info needed Stu & Kathy Fields Home Built 0 May 13th 04 06:05 PM
Web site info needed dave Home Built 1 December 3rd 03 05:12 AM
RB-47H info needed for model Matt Wiser Military Aviation 0 August 3rd 03 03:54 AM