Cessna's new LSA: "Skycatcher"

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 23rd 07, 08:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.owning

Default Cessna's new LSA: "Skycatcher"

: I think it's a fine name for a scrap or balsa wood airplane for
: children. Not so great for a full-size aluminum one aimed at adults.
: Frankly, I am disappointed in general with the 162. I am a fan of the
: light sport segment. I am currently a student working on getting my
: sport pilot license. I would have liked to see Cessna come out with
: an airplane that at least equaled what the other manufacturers have
: developed, if not bettered them. As an American, I want to see
: American manufacturers develop superior products. This airplane looks
: to be inferior to most other LSA's in useful load and range. It
: doesn't include a chute except as an option. It doesn't have safety
: features such as a safety cage around the passenger compartment, which
: the Tecnam does have. And to top it all off, it's more expensive than
: the competition.

I think it's unfortunate that it uses the O-200 engine. Don't get me wrong... I like old-school
stuff and it's a great fit to a Cessna 140/150. For a brand-new aircraft though, it'd be nice to see
some newer technology for the engine. If not liquid-cooling (Rotax) or diesel, at *least* adequate
cooling fins to keep exhaust ports from cracking. Why not a Lycoming O-235 like in the 152?

-Cory

* Cory Papenfuss, Ph.D., PPSEL-IA *
* Electrical Engineering *

Cessna's new LSA: "Skycatcher" Jim Logajan Piloting 107 September 23rd 07 01:18 AM
Old polish aircraft TS-8 "Bies" ("Bogy") - for sale >pk Aviation Marketplace 0 October 16th 06 07:48 AM
More on Cessna's new "Cirrus Killer" [email protected] Piloting 49 November 13th 05 02:29 PM