Invitiation to the end of the IRS

Old April 22nd 04, 09:37 PM
Tom Sixkiller

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
news:7dOhc.2204$_L6.387680@attbi_s53...
Well, even with a flat tax, the IRS wouldn't be going anywhere.

The IRS isn't the enemy. They are a necessary and legal part of our
government.

They may be legal but they're certainly not necessary, especailly their
Gestapo mentaility ("We're always right even when were wrong")

The enemy is Congress, who keeps passing absurdly more intricate and
inscrutable tax laws, which must then be incorporated and interpreted by

the
IRS.

Which plays the bully with such relish.

Congress is supposedly made up of our representatives, but I haven't seen
much evidence of that in my lifetime.

True enough but every time some Rep tries to reign in the IRS they get
stepped on.

Old April 22nd 04, 09:46 PM
Tom Sixkiller

"Otis Winslow" wrote in message
.. .

"Tom Sixkiller" wrote in message

The flat tax (which I'm against) doesn't even kick in until you make

like
$30K.

BTW, I heard on the radio that something like one-fourth of households

now
pay NO taxes whatsoever (aside from local)...so who are the parasites?

Everyone should pay something. From the first dollar. There should be no
parasites.

As for a consumption tax .. it's a great idea. But would be a night mare

enforce

No moreso than sales tax already is. Even more, there is much less that can
be manipulated via "interpretations".

and I think the resources required to chase it down and enforce
it would offset the reduction in govt size from implementation of a flat
tax. People would just pay cash and barter to avoid it like they avoid
sales tax.

Only commodities (primarily) can be bartered.

One last thought: The US existed for it's first 125 years without an IRS,
and with only excise taxes. We started to rapidly lose our liberties and
privacy when the Income Tax and the IRS came into being in 1913 (just in
time for World War One).

Old April 24th 04, 01:06 AM
Tom Sixkiller

"Trent Moorehead" wrote in message

"John Gaquin" wrote in message
The real issue is that Congress would fight it tooth and nail. Without

the
IRS code, Congress loses their ability to try to force behavior from

certain
groups,

(See below)
and to dabble in social engineering. The IRS code is what gives
Congress the power to hurt their adversaries, and they won't give it up
without a fight.

John,

You've hit the nail on the head with that one. Couldn't say it much

better.

They also lose the abiltiy to court favor (and favorS) through use of the
tax code (special breaks) as awell as regulations (stomping a competitor or
adversary).

Old April 24th 04, 11:46 AM
Wdtabor

They also lose the abiltiy to court favor (and favorS) through use of the
tax code (special breaks) as awell as regulations (stomping a competitor or
adversary).

So, help us get the FairTax passed. Volunteer at the rally or at
www.FairTax.com

Don

--
Wm. Donald (Don) Tabor Jr., DDS