Which glider club ran over the cop?

Old July 22nd 10, 02:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Karen

Default Which glider club ran over the cop?

Seriously, is this a hangar story or did it really happen?

(From Judith Mole's Blog in the UK last Sat. 17, July)

"Whilst we’d been chatting, we heard the story of the policeman who
drove onto the sailplane field last year (to introduce himself, he was
new to the area) and managed to get in the way of a glider being towed
off, and hit it with his car and wrote it (the glider) off. Then,
bizarrely, blamed the gliding club for this, when he’d been driving
across an airfield without notifying them first. Or, clearly, looking
around him. Incredible. This is still not resolved apparently."

Old July 22nd 10, 10:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Derek C

On Jul 22, 2:30*pm, Karen wrote:
Seriously, is this a hangar story or did it really happen?

(From Judith Mole's Blog in the UK last Sat. 17, July)

"Whilst we’d been chatting, we heard the story of the policeman who
drove onto the sailplane field last year (to introduce himself, he was
new to the area) and managed to get in the way of a glider being towed
off, and hit it with his car and wrote it (the glider) off. Then,
bizarrely, blamed the gliding club for this, when he’d been driving
across an airfield without notifying them first. Or, clearly, looking
around him. Incredible. This is still not resolved apparently."

It's a true story. It happened at the Long Mynd site of the Midland
Gliding Club in the UK in 2009. I believe that the glider was a
Slingsby Dart.and that Its wingtip smashed through the side window of
the Police car.

Derek C

Club Glider Hangar? noel.wade Soaring 33 January 14th 08 10:47 PM
Glider Club in North Dakota? Adam D Soaring 7 January 13th 08 07:15 PM
Penn State Soaring Club Glider ***STOLEN*** Buzz!!! Soaring 12 April 2nd 06 08:51 AM
Littlefield Glider Club Jack Soaring 3 October 23rd 05 01:16 AM
Glider Club Video Montage Todd Burch Soaring 0 August 14th 03 09:15 PM