Master Jet Base

Old April 19th 05, 10:00 PM
fudog50

Guess i wasn't following the carrots then and I thought you were at
the lake, sorry.

On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 11:38:41 GMT, "Doug \"Woody\" and Erin Beal"
wrote:

No offense taken, Fudog. Throw right in, but keep a close eye on the
carrots of the posts.

I responded to Peter Vecchio's (seemingly tongue and cheek):

"No place full of attack pukes would be a 'Master' base...."

Not Moe's rather intelligent question (which I didn't know the answer to).

In fact, I'm slightly surprised that I don't know Moe (no mo?), but I find
that the longer I do this thing, the less folks I know.

I've got no beef with Whidbey, VAQ, or VA pilots (having been one myself).
I simply state that the terms "attack pilot" or "attack puke" died with the
Intruder, and that strike-fighter is the "new" thing (still about 8 or so
years old), and there haven't been attack aircraft at Whidbey since
1996/7--unless you want to count Electronic Attack (what used to be called
Tactical Electronic Warfare).

By the way, I haven't lived in a desert since 1996. |:-)

--Woody

On 4/18/05 10:01 PM, in article ,
"fudog50" wrote:

Been a long time posting follow ups. but had to clear things up here,
desert woody. Moe is a Prowler Stick and one of the best. Don't know
where you got that "dating yourself" stuff. No offense intended, just
wanted to throw that in.

On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 00:06:37 GMT, "Doug \"Woody\" and Erin Beal"
wrote:

On 4/17/05 8:47 AM, in article
1113745482.d69bc9687e1b901751ac0c8e0f2c07f6@terane ws, "Qui si parla
Campagnolo" wrote:

MICHAEL OLEARY wrote:
Does anyone know what the criteria are for designating a NAS as a master
jet
base? For example NAS Oceana is a master jet base but NAS Whidbey Island
is
a premier jet base. Any leads would be great. Google wasn't very helpful.
-Moe

No place full of attack pukes would be a 'Master' base....

Dude, you're dating yourself. There are no attack pukes at Whidbey... Or
anywhere else in the Navy.

Whidbey is populated by Prowler crews and P-3's. Attack pukes died when the
Intruders were turned into coral reefs. It's all Strike-Fighter now.

--Woody

Old April 21st 05, 03:55 PM
leadfoot

So if you are a "master jet base" does that increase your transient ops?

Old April 22nd 05, 01:12 AM
Jim McDowell

Leadfoot,

I have not seen any stats from any time before Oceana earned the designation
"Master Jet Base". I can only say we (Oceana) are as busy as we have ever
been supporting transients, detachments and other country aircraft. .

v/r
Gramps

Old April 22nd 05, 07:00 AM
leadfoot

"Jim McDowell" wrote in message
Leadfoot,

I have not seen any stats from any time before Oceana earned the
designation "Master Jet Base". I can only say we (Oceana) are as busy as
we have ever been supporting transients, detachments and other country
aircraft. .

I really had my tongue in cheek when I wrote that.

v/r
Gramps