Two Lock Rule?

Old May 17th 05, 02:45 AM
Doug Vetter

Robert M. Gary wrote:
As far as I know only NJ has such a rule. My Champ had a key for the
door and another key for the mags. If yours is the same, you're good to
go.

NJ indeed has the "2-lock rule".

However, in typical NJ fashion, some airport owners have taken it upon
themselves to add two locks to that rule. Our 172 has door and key
locks. That should be enough. It's also in a locked hangar. But they
also demand we use a prop lock -- and if they survey our hangar and find
the airplane without the prop lock installed, they have the right to
kick us out.

I really need to start looking for property in another state...

-Doug

--------------------
Doug Vetter, CFIMEIA

http://www.dvcfi.com
--------------------
Old May 17th 05, 03:29 AM
RST Engineering

40 acres, 3500 square foot house, 2000 square foot heated garage, heated
workshop, horse corral, hangar, private airport. $350K asking price. Hanna
WY.

Jim

Old May 17th 05, 04:43 AM

Peter Clark wrote:
On Mon, 16 May 2005 14:47:42 -0400, T o d d P a t t i s t
wrote:

The airport manager asked me yesterday how I planned to
comply with the upcoming "two lock rule" to protect my 65hp
Champ from being stolen by a terrorist and destroying

Perhaps one of these-like things:

http://www.sportys.com/acb/showdetl....roduct_id=3570

The Champ I flew didn't have a standard panel-mounted push-pull
throttle,
such as which would fit those kind of throttle locks.
It had a lever-style throttle on the left side cabin wall.

Old May 17th 05, 09:30 AM
Greg Farris

"It is possible to fly without motors, but not without knowledge and skill."
Wilbur Wright

Poor Wilbur has been proven wrong in recent days.

Old May 17th 05, 10:29 AM
Slick

A lock on the door of your hangar and a throttle lock would suffice.
"Martin Hotze" wrote in message
On Mon, 16 May 2005 15:49:58 -0400, T o d d P a t t i s t wrote:

My impression from the airport manager was that this
was a new terrorism inspired rule.

close. it was a government inspired rule.

SCNR,

#m
--
http://www.hotze.priv.at/album/aviation/caution.jpg

Old May 17th 05, 05:17 PM
George Patterson

Greg Farris wrote:
In article , says...

NJ is so damn anal. I left that state 27 years ago and never looked back.
I have flown many hours because of the money I've saved in taxes and

compliance

with anal NJ laws and regulations.

I know, my reposnse is not very helpful.... hate me.
Just had to get it out of my system. )

If you look at those comparison websites, designed to find tha best places to
live, NJ keeps coming up as one of the lowest taxed states, with a high ratio
of quality of services to tax rate.

Interesting. NJ has a 6% sales tax on everything but clothing and a 6.5% income
tax. I'm sure that's low in comparison to some places, but most States are
lower. The license for my baby pickup costs over $75 every year. A driver's
license is more than $25 for 4 years. You will also find that every service
(such as telephone, water, etc.) has a hidden surcharge. The Federal and State
taxes on my phone service cost more than the basic service does. If one were
able to add in the cost of the various kickbacks and other hidden penalties,
you'd see a different picture, though I'd bet NJ would compare very well to the
Chicago area.

Kontiki is also correct about the regulations. You need a permit for just about
anything. The paperwork involved means that someone who moves here from, say,
Tennessee will probably drop a few of their hobbies due to lack of time to get
the necessary licenses.

George Patterson
"Naked" means you ain't got no clothes on; "nekkid" means you ain't got
no clothes on - and are up to somethin'.
Old May 17th 05, 05:20 PM
George Patterson

T o d d P a t t i s t wrote:

No door key, no mag key for my Champ (just like the one used
in the bank robbery). I'm in a locked hangar though. My
impression from the airport manager was that this was a new
terrorism inspired rule. I presumed that meant it was
federal, but I suppose it might have been NY state.

Well, if it turns out that you have to comply, check with John Price. He had to
work out something for his L-3. IIRC, it involved some sort of jerry-rig with a
lock he picked up at Home Depot. It locks the door but required no modifications
to the aircraft.

Old May 17th 05, 07:13 PM
Gene Seibel

1. Card operated gate
2. Hangar door lock
3. Airplane mag switch

Guess I could also lock the airplane door if necesary.
--
Gene Seibel
Hangar 131 - http://pad39a.com/gene/plane.html#security

Reading back altimeter settings? Paul Tomblin Piloting 31 April 12th 05 04:53 PM
FAA Mandatory Pilot Retirement Rule Challenged Larry Dighera Piloting 0 March 20th 05 08:56 PM
The Internet public meeting on National Air Tour Standards begins Feb. 23 at 9 a.m. Larry Dighera Piloting 0 February 22nd 04 03:58 PM
One door PaulaJay1 Owning 17 January 1st 04 12:02 AM
Hei polish moron also britain is going to breach eu deficit 3% rule AIA Military Aviation 0 October 24th 03 11:06 PM