$640.00 to fill the tanks...

Old August 17th 06, 07:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Robert M. Gary

Default $640.00 to fill the tanks...

Gig 601XL Builder wrote:
"Robert M. Gary" wrote in message
oups.com...
There is very little reason that a smart or at least not stupid youngster in
the USA can't go to college. They may not be able to go to an Ivy League
school or even a major university but between community colleges and small
state schools affordable education is available.

Exactly, so you can't say that the higher taxes in Europe are because
of more public universities. We (the U.S) have excellent, inexpensive
(by university standards) universities.

-Robert

Old August 17th 06, 07:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Morgans[_3_]

Default $640.00 to fill the tanks... OT medical costs

"Robert M. Gary" wrote

My point is that if a homeless person in the U.S. walks into a hospitol
and needs expensive emergency care he will not be turned away. The
hospital will provide the care and the gov't (us)will fit the bill.
This even applies to those in the U.S. illegally.

And there you have another reason why healthcare in the US is so expensive.

You have people who can not afford to pay for a family doctor, come to the
ER only when stuff is hitting the fan. Most times it could be taken care of
in a family doc's office, but they don't have to see you there. That leave
a bunch of expensive people and equipment sitting around for non emergency
types of problems, but still having to be paid for being ready for the
person that really needs it all.

Add to that the fact that there would not have been the urgent situation, if
preventative care had been taken.

Don't even get me started on malpractice insurance costs, or drug makers
advertising on TV and other places.
--
Jim in NC

Old August 17th 06, 07:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Anno v. Heimburg

Jay Honeck wrote:
Which is, of course, as it should be, without government social
engineering.

Isn't part of the point of a government to do social engineering?
Old August 17th 06, 11:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Matt Whiting

Emily wrote:
Newps wrote:

Emily wrote:

Strange. I took a few management classes at the largest community
college in the nation a few years ago - just for kicks, because I
had too much free time. Both instructors were terrible and nowhere
near the caliber I was used to from my college.

Wow, a sample of two. That means, ah, nothing.

It means a 100% terrible instructor rate vs. only about a 5% terrible
instructor rate at my university.

This is certainly illustrative. You haven't enough data to even come
close to claiming a 100% terrible instructor rate. However, we have
enough data to know that you don't know much about probability and
statistics.

Matt
Old August 17th 06, 11:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Matt Whiting

Robert M. Gary wrote:

Matt Whiting wrote:

Well, it takes money in addition to smarts to attend the expensive schools.

Just like the rest of the world. Europe has expensive private schools
too. Both the U.S. and Europe have public universities that are
excellent and low cost.

Very few low-cost public universities even come close to the tuition of
a community college, at least not in the northeast where I live. Maybe
elsewhere, but not here.

Matt
Old August 17th 06, 11:56 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bob Noel

In article ,
"Anno v. Heimburg" wrote:

Which is, of course, as it should be, without government social
engineering.

Isn't part of the point of a government to do social engineering?

No.

--
Bob Noel
Looking for a sig the

Old August 17th 06, 01:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Doug[_1_]

Jay Honeck wrote:
You're right, Jet-A in this country *should* be much cheaper than
avgas.

The "expert" on the cost of Jet A vs 100LL has spoken.

Old August 17th 06, 01:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Morgans[_3_]

"Doug" wrote in message
ps.com...
Jay Honeck wrote:
You're right, Jet-A in this country *should* be much cheaper than
avgas.

The "expert" on the cost of Jet A vs 100LL has spoken.

Seeing no smiley, I've got to say "get a life." He has a right to an
opinion without a smart *ss crack like that.
--
Jim in NC

Old August 17th 06, 03:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gig 601XL Builder

"Robert M. Gary" wrote in message
ups.com...

Gig 601XL Builder wrote:
"Robert M. Gary" wrote in message
oups.com...
There is very little reason that a smart or at least not stupid youngster
in
the USA can't go to college. They may not be able to go to an Ivy League
school or even a major university but between community colleges and
small
state schools affordable education is available.

Exactly, so you can't say that the higher taxes in Europe are because
of more public universities. We (the U.S) have excellent, inexpensive
(by university standards) universities.

-Robert

I never said the higher taxes in Europe were because of public universities.
I was responding to the assertion made by somebody that the poor can't get
an education in the US because we don't provide inexpensive, state
subsidized higher education.

Old August 17th 06, 03:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gig 601XL Builder

"Anno v. Heimburg" wrote in message
Jay Honeck wrote:
Which is, of course, as it should be, without government social
engineering.

Isn't part of the point of a government to do social engineering?

No