Crow Foot wrenches

Old March 2nd 08, 07:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Ron Webb

Default Crow Foot wrenches

As usual, EBay has everything

http://search.ebay.com/search/search...hes&category0=

Old March 2nd 08, 08:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Blueskies

"Ron Webb" wrote in message ...
As usual, EBay has everything

http://search.ebay.com/search/search...hes&category0=

Did you see any 1/4" drive, not flare nut.
Old March 2nd 08, 08:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Stuart & Kathryn Fields

thanks Ron: but none of the EBay offerings matched my requirement for
"straight,(non flare nut) fractional, 1/4" drive crowfoot wrenches.
Everybody seems to make the 3/8" and 1/2" drive sets. I don't understand why
there aren't some 1/4" drive sets out there other than the ones manufactured
on the Space Station from "Unobtanium" material mined on Mars that are
offered by Snap-On

Stu

Old March 7th 08, 03:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Big John

"Ron Webb" wrote in message
As usual, EBay has everything

http://search.ebay.com/search/search...hes&category0=

***************************************

Stu

Could you use a 3/8 drive set with a 1/4 adapter?

I have several socket sets with adapters for different drivers.

Big John
Old March 7th 08, 03:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Stuart & Kathryn Fields

"Ron Webb" wrote in message
As usual, EBay has everything

http://search.ebay.com/search/search...hes&category0=

***************************************

Stu

Could you use a 3/8 drive set with a 1/4 adapter?

I have several socket sets with adapters for different drivers.

Big John

No. the places I want to use the 1/4" drive crowfoot wrenches tend to be
restricted to where my 3/8 set doesn't want to go. It looks like instead of
a set, I will probably buy just the 3/8, 7/16, and 1/2" wrenches which will
probably meet 90% of my requirements.

thanks
stu

Old March 7th 08, 01:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Rob_S

I have had to purchase separate tubing wrenches , saw the end off and weld a
steel bar with the right position/ angels to get at some odd places over the
years. It might cost a few bucks but if it's in a tight spot you don't want
to have to tear something apart because you rounded off a nut or fitting.
bob

Old March 7th 08, 04:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Stuart & Kathryn Fields

"Rob_S" wrote in message
I have had to purchase separate tubing wrenches , saw the end off and weld
steel bar with the right position/ angels to get at some odd places over
the
years. It might cost a few bucks but if it's in a tight spot you don't
want
to have to tear something apart because you rounded off a nut or fitting.
bob

Bob that certainly is an option and I have done that with one wrench but was
hoping I could find the 1/4" crowfoot set at a reasonable price and just
being lazy avoid building a couple more specials.
Stu