Any information on the TST-10M?

Old June 1st 07, 12:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tom767

Default Any information on the TST-10M?

Gentlemen,

I have recently been considering buying the TST-10M motorglider produced by a
Czech company. I have had trouble finding information this glider. The
unpopularity of it and the outstanding performance of the glider indicated by
the charts are making me a bit hesitant in my purchase.

If anyone has any information in regards to this glider, be it word of mouth
or a good source, your help and advice will be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

-Tom

P.S: Here is the website:
http://www.testandfly.com/index.php?...24&Itemi d=41

Old June 1st 07, 05:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ian

On 1 Jun, 12:15, "Tom767" u34689@uwe wrote:

If anyone has any information in regards to this glider, be it word of mouth
or a good source, your help and advice will be much appreciated!

This would put me off:

Can your gliders take off using a towing winch?
No. Take off using winches would put excessive load on the airframe.
Our gliders even do not have such attachments in the barycenter.

Perhaps that matters less in other countries, but I suspect it would
hammer resale value in the UK.

Ian

Old June 2nd 07, 10:36 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andreas Maurer[_1_]

On Fri, 01 Jun 2007 09:31:37 -0700, Ian
wrote:

Can your gliders take off using a towing winch?
No. Take off using winches would put excessive load on the airframe.
Our gliders even do not have such attachments in the barycenter.

Perhaps that matters less in other countries, but I suspect it would
hammer resale value in the UK.

Simply put the name "ASW-19E" on the side of the fuselage to raise the
resale value again...

Bye
Andreas
Old June 2nd 07, 01:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ian

wrote:

Can your gliders take off using a towing winch?
No. Take off using winches would put excessive load on the airframe.
Our gliders even do not have such attachments in the barycenter.

Perhaps that matters less in other countries, but I suspect it would
hammer resale value in the UK.

Simply put the name "ASW-19E" on the side of the fuselage to raise the
resale value again...

Is there a relation, then? What happened to Centrair's moulds ... ?

Ian

Old June 2nd 07, 03:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Brad[_2_]

Hi,

A friend of mine bought a TST-10 Atlas a few years ago. It was one of
the early ones.
He seemed to enjoy it, the winglets were tall and fixed to the wings,
so the trailer was a bit of a challenge. The interior was pretty
descent, some of the fittings were somewhat crude, but semed to work.

I got to fly it once as an aerotow and enjoyed the way it handled and
flew, there was a lot of cockpit interior tweaking necessary for pilot
comfort.

There were some minor fit and finish issues, in my opinion. But, I
would have to say overall it was a nice machine.

I do not know the cost of the Atlas, nor the current cost of an Apis
motorglider, but my money would go towards the Apis hands down.

Cheers,
Brad

Old June 4th 07, 08:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ludovic Launer[_2_]

Hi

If anyone has any information in regards to this glider, be it word of
mouth
or a good source, your help and advice will be much appreciated!

Whereabout are you ?
There's one on the airfiled I fly from (LFLG). Owner seems to be pretty
happy with it.
Can't really comment as I've never flown it and have not seen other ships of
the same category (ultra light glider).
Could give you the owner's email if you're interested: email me at
ludovic (at) mountain-soaring (dot) net

Cheers,
Ludovic

Old June 4th 07, 03:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tom767 via AviationKB.com

Thank you all for your responses.

Ian, what specifically do you not like in regards to the construction of the
glider?

Old June 4th 07, 04:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ian

On 4 Jun, 15:44, "Tom767 via AviationKB.com" u34689@uwe wrote:
Thank you all for your responses.

Ian, what specifically do you not like in regards to the construction of the
glider?

Only the lack of a winch hook. And even despite that I'll happily
accept one if anyone wants to give me a present!

Ian

Old June 5th 07, 10:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
FreeFlight107

Are there any pictures or infor available on the glider?

Just curious.

Old June 5th 07, 03:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Markus Graeber

http://www.testandfly.com/