Graphics Card

Old January 19th 04, 04:32 AM
Shiver

Default Graphics Card

1) What graphic card do you recommend for Flight Sim 2004?

2) Will going from ME to XP make my graphics any better?

3) What would I need to get the best graphics from Flight Sim?
Old January 19th 04, 06:34 AM
Peter Duniho

"Shiver" wrote in message
m...
1) What graphic card do you recommend for Flight Sim 2004?

Any recently released one.

2) Will going from ME to XP make my graphics any better?

Most likely not, though there's a theoretical possibility of minor driver
differences that might affect graphic quality between the two operating
systems. However, switching to XP will make your computer a lot more
stable.

3) What would I need to get the best graphics from Flight Sim?

The best graphics card and the fastest computer (CPU, hard drive, memory,
etc.). What that is exactly changes several times a year.

Pete

Old January 19th 04, 08:00 PM
John Hall

In addition to the this, I would recommend an ATI graphics adapter, either a
9600 or 9800 series card. They are completely Direct X 9 compliant in
hardware, and since FS2004 is a direct X 9 Sim, FS will look and run the
best on this hardware. Unfortunately Nvidia video cards currently have
hardware issues with DX 9 and are being redesigned I understand.

JK

"Peter Duniho" wrote in message
m...

Old January 29th 04, 06:01 PM
DOK

Is a 9600 or 9800 better than a 9700 which i own now?

MDAMSTEL

On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 20:00:25 GMT, "John Hall"
wrote:

In addition to the this, I would recommend an ATI graphics adapter, either a
9600 or 9800 series card. They are completely Direct X 9 compliant in
hardware, and since FS2004 is a direct X 9 Sim, FS will look and run the
best on this hardware. Unfortunately Nvidia video cards currently have
hardware issues with DX 9 and are being redesigned I understand.

JK

"Peter Duniho" wrote in message
m...

Old January 29th 04, 08:55 PM
John Hall

The 9800 is better than a 9700 but not so much that it is worth an upgrade.
Wait for the next generation of video cards. The 9700 is DX 9 compliant and
is great for FS9.

JK

wrote:

In addition to the this, I would recommend an ATI graphics adapter,

either a
9600 or 9800 series card. They are completely Direct X 9 compliant in
hardware, and since FS2004 is a direct X 9 Sim, FS will look and run the
best on this hardware. Unfortunately Nvidia video cards currently have
hardware issues with DX 9 and are being redesigned I understand.

JK

"Peter Duniho" wrote in message
m...

Old January 29th 04, 09:05 PM
DOK

Thanks, i will wait then.

On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 20:55:26 GMT, "John Hall"
wrote:

The 9800 is better than a 9700 but not so much that it is worth an upgrade.
Wait for the next generation of video cards. The 9700 is DX 9 compliant and
is great for FS9.

JK

.. .

wrote:

In addition to the this, I would recommend an ATI graphics adapter,

either a
9600 or 9800 series card. They are completely Direct X 9 compliant in
hardware, and since FS2004 is a direct X 9 Sim, FS will look and run the
best on this hardware. Unfortunately Nvidia video cards currently have
hardware issues with DX 9 and are being redesigned I understand.

JK

"Peter Duniho" wrote in message
"Shiver" wrote in message
m...
1) What graphic card do you recommend for Flight Sim 2004?

Any recently released one.

2) Will going from ME to XP make my graphics any better?

Most likely not, though there's a theoretical possibility of minor

driver
differences that might affect graphic quality between the two operating
systems. However, switching to XP will make your computer a lot more
stable.

3) What would I need to get the best graphics from Flight Sim?

The best graphics card and the fastest computer (CPU, hard drive,

memory,
etc.). What that is exactly changes several times a year.

Pete

AOPA credit card --- WARNING. RS Owning 340 December 9th 04 05:04 AM
Pirep: Garmin GPSMAP 296 versus 295. (very long) Jon Woellhaf Piloting 12 September 4th 04 11:55 PM
AOPA VISA card fraud via XM Radio? Dan Luke Piloting 5 July 5th 04 06:38 PM
Graphics card ?? Pilot Pete Simulators 5 January 14th 04 07:48 PM
Best graphics card for FS9 ? George A. Gross Jr Simulators 5 October 13th 03 09:42 AM