Moller hits the UK

Old August 30th 07, 06:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
CanalBuilder

Default Moller hits the UK

He's at it again. Now he's convinced the BBC. I suppose it's not
surprising as media organizations are dominated by people who aren't
good at the practical stuff.

Pleas feel free to contact the BBC and tell then what's wrong with the
article.
Old August 30th 07, 08:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Gig 601XL Builder

CanalBuilder wrote:
He's at it again. Now he's convinced the BBC. I suppose it's not
surprising as media organizations are dominated by people who aren't
good at the practical stuff.

Pleas feel free to contact the BBC and tell then what's wrong with the
article.

I love this quote,

"Cars are finished as a means of getting around. It's only a matter of
time"

Dr Paul Moller

Old August 31st 07, 02:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Richard Isakson

"CanalBuilder" wrote ...
He's at it again. Now he's convinced the BBC. I suppose it's not
surprising as media organizations are dominated by people who aren't
good at the practical stuff.

Pleas feel free to contact the BBC and tell then what's wrong with the
article.

Moller has said that if his vehicle is limited by an autopilot to 10 feet
agl then its a ground effect machine and no pilots licenced is required.
That's a great idea! I'm going to buy a bunch of surplus CH-47s, install
one of these 10 foot autopilots and market them to non-pilots. No
certification required! The man's a fraud.

Rich

Old August 31st 07, 03:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Harry K

On Aug 30, 10:43 am, CanalBuilder
wrote:
He's at it again. Now he's convinced the BBC. I suppose it's not
surprising as media organizations are dominated by people who aren't
good at the practical stuff.

Pleas feel free to contact the BBC and tell then what's wrong with the
article.

I like this:

"Dr Moller and his team have already conducted more than 200 test
flights and say the flying saucer could prove useful to rescue teams
as well as landowners. "

The reporter must be blind not to have seen the tether. The 200
figure is also suspicious.

Harry K

Old August 31st 07, 05:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Dan[_2_]

wrote:
He's at it again. Now he's convinced the BBC. I suppose it's not
surprising as media organizations are dominated by people who aren't
good at the practical stuff.

Pleas feel free to contact the BBC and tell then what's wrong with the
article.

I like this:

"Dr Moller and his team have already conducted more than 200 test
flights and say the flying saucer could prove useful to rescue teams
as well as landowners. "

The reporter must be blind not to have seen the tether. The 200
figure is also suspicious.

Harry K

Does lifting it on a hoist count as a test flight?

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired
Old August 31st 07, 06:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Rob Turk[_2_]

"Dan" wrote in message
news
Harry K wrote:

The reporter must be blind not to have seen the tether. The 200
figure is also suspicious.

Harry K

Does lifting it on a hoist count as a test flight?

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

Yes. They tested it 200 times. It refused to fly each and ever time.
;-)

Rob

Old August 31st 07, 11:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Morgans[_2_]

"Harry K" wrote

I like this:

"Dr Moller and his team have already conducted more than 200 test
flights and say the flying saucer could prove useful to rescue teams
as well as landowners. "

The reporter must be blind not to have seen the tether. The 200
figure is also suspicious.

I've done my part and written the authors of the story. Has everyone else
out there?
--
Jim in NC

Old August 31st 07, 02:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Edward Kiernan

Morgans wrote:
"Harry K" wrote

I like this:

"Dr Moller and his team have already conducted more than 200 test
flights and say the flying saucer could prove useful to rescue teams
as well as landowners. "

The reporter must be blind not to have seen the tether. The 200
figure is also suspicious.

I've done my part and written the authors of the story. Has everyone else
out there?

The article was edited at 1027 zulu today. It now includes reference to
his run-in with the Securities Exchange Commission, and has a much lower
profile on the website. I wonder how that happened.
Old August 31st 07, 04:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Morgans[_2_]

"Edward Kiernan"

The article was edited at 1027 zulu today. It now includes reference to
his run-in with the Securities Exchange Commission, and has a much lower
profile on the website. I wonder how that happened.

All of those nasty people at RAH did it to him, I'll bet! g
--
Jim in NC

Old August 31st 07, 07:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Gig 601XL Builder

/. has found the story and the thread there is pathetic.

Moller: Can you believe it? Dale Alexander Home Built 15 July 25th 07 04:05 AM
FWIW, Moller Again ? Al G[_2_] Piloting 62 July 12th 07 06:59 PM
FWIW, Moller Again ? Al G[_2_] Home Built 65 July 12th 07 06:59 PM
More Moller crap Anthony W Home Built 0 April 18th 05 06:25 AM
Move Over Moller Larry Dighera Piloting 16 March 9th 05 02:39 PM