TSA & MTJ Montrose

Old March 11th 09, 03:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Default TSA & MTJ Montrose

On Mar 10, 7:24*pm, "Dan D" wrote:
"Paul Dow (Remove CAPS in address)" wrote in ...

Oh, it's starting. The Tea Party protests are starting to catch on.

http://www.newamericanteaparty.com
http://michellemalkin.com/2009/03/10...alt-continued/

The trick is going to be keeping up the momentum.

Stuart Fields wrote:
All that said, it seems impossible to get the people organized to stand up
and say: *"ENOUGH". *I don't know just how much it is going to take to get
people of their duffs and stop this "tightening of the noose".

Mo

Subject: tea party

*There's a storm abrewin'. *What happens when good, responsible people keep
quiet? * Washington has forgotten they work for us... *We don't work for them.
Throwing good money after bad is NOT the answer. *I am sick of the midnight,
closed door sessions to come up with a plan. *I am sick of Congress raking
CEO's over the coals while they, themselves, have defaulted on their taxes.
I am sick of the bailed out companies having lavish vacations and retreats
on my dollar. *I am sick of being told it is MY responsibility to rescue
people that, knowingly, bought more house than they could afford. *I am sick
of being made to feel it is my patriotic duty to pay MORE taxes. *I, like
all of you, am a responsible citizen. *I pay my taxes. *I live on a budget
and I don't ask someone else to carry the burden for poor decisions I may
make. *I have emailed my congressmen and senators asking them to NOT vote
for the stimulus package as it was written without reading it first. *No one
listened. *They voted for it, pork and all.

O.K. folks, here it is. *You may think you are just one voice and what you
think won't make a difference. *Well, yes it will and YES, WE CAN!! * If you
are disgusted and angry with the way Washington is handling our taxes. *If
you are fearful of the fallout from the wreckless spending of BILLIONS to
bailout and "stimulate" without accountability and responsibility then we
need to become ONE, LOUD VOICE THAT CAN BE HEARD FROM EVERY CITY, TOWN,
SUBURB AND HOME IN AMERICA . * There is a growing protest to demand that
Congress, the President and his cabinet LISTEN to us, the American Citizens.
What is being done in Washington is NOT the way to handle the economic free
fall.

So, here's the plan. *On April 1, 2009, all Ameicans are asked to send a
TEABAG to Washington , D.C. * You do not have to enclose a note or any other
information unless you so desire. *Just a TEABAG. * Many cities are
organizing protests. *If you simply search, "New American Tea Party",
several sites will come up. *If you aren't the 'protester' type, simply make
your one voice heard with a TEABAG. *Your one voice will become a roar when
joined with millions of others that feel the same way. *Yes, something needs
to be done but the lack of confidence as shown by the steady decline in the
stock market speaks volumes.

This was not my idea. *I visited the sites of the 'New American Tea Party's
and an online survey showed over 90% of thousands said they would send the
teabag on April 1. *Why, April 1?? *We want them to reach Washington by
April 15. * Will you do it? *I will.

Send it to; * *1600 Pennsylvania Ave. * * *Washington , D.C. 20500 .

Forward this to everyone in your address book. *Visit the website below for
more information about the 'New American Tea Party'. *I would encourage
everyone to go ahead and get the envelope ready to mail, then just drop it
in the mail April 1. *Can't guarantee what the postage will be by then, it
is going up as we speak, but have your envelope ready. *What will this cost
you? *A little time and a 40 something cent stamp.

What could you receive in benefits? *Maybe, just maybe, our elected
officials will start to listen to the people. *Take out the Pork. *Tell us
how the money is being spent. *We want TRANSPARENCY AND ACCOUNTABILITY.
Remember, the money will be spent over the next 4-5 years. *It is not too
late..

Of course, if you agree with the way things are being done now, just
delete!!!!!

--
John McCarty

I would add a note:
No taxation with mis-representation.
Old March 11th 09, 03:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Stuart Fields

Stuart Fields wrote:
[...]

Some arguments have been put forth that if you don't know what you want you
Tea Bag to say, you are wasting your time. I don't entirely agree with this
but I've put my Tea Bag message in to more concrete suggestions:
Well Ed we have hired some people to do the job of governing. We don't know
all the ins and out of that job any more than we know the details on the
proper running of the police force or the fire department or the Microsoft
Software designers. We do know when we don't like their results.

My Tea Bag will ask for Smaller Government. Sample Get Rid of FEMA. They
waste more money and cause more problems than they solve. I've got numerous
examples of personal experience. Stop the War on Drugs. It isn't working.
Get rid of TSA as this is just generating bureaucrats who generate rules and
regulations and aren't being held accountable to the people. Have the
"Representatives" read the book "Uncle Sam's Plantation". Stop and think
about the normal governmental problem solving technique called "Throw some
Money at it". Either get rid of GAO or get some people in there who know
what they are doing and insist on competency. They audited my group to see
if it was needed and their technique was to measure the volume of our file
cabinets! Clamp down on DoD. I'm watching a project where I know the
principals and they have chosen a more expensive path with a reduced
probability of success because they really don't have any technical
oversight, and it is "Spend it or lose it". This is small spuds dollar
wise, only a few $M, but the principles being followed in this process
permeate a bunch of the DoD projects. BTW I was in a position where I made
presentations to Army Strategic Defense Commander (Star Wars) and indeed
took the Star Wars Chief Scientist for a sail on my boat. I saw appalling
waste and technical incompetence that was allowed to continue. The larger
government is breeding this condition.

Stop the foreign policy where we insist on everybody else adopting our way
of life. Quit trying to be the world's policeman. Stop the outflow of cash
to foreign countries and use it on our roads and bridges. Again have the
foreign policy people read the "Uncle Sam's Plantation". Again it is a
small potato dollar wise, but Project Head Start sent $1M to the Republic of
the Marshall Islands. When we left, that $1M had disappeared and there was
not a single brick sticking up out of the ground.

Any time you get a group of people together to do a job and the group's
continued existence doesn't depend on their competency, you have a high
probability of the group's degenerating into the kinds of things we see in
government. Arrogance, incompetence and a primary goal of increasing the
size for the purpose of acquiring more power.

Bailouts. Let companies who don't perform fail. We need penalties for
lousy performance. Yes there are short term pains to experience, but if we
don't let them fail but bail them out we have created a lousy precedent
which will shape our future. Again read "Uncle Sam's Plantation". If we
keep focusing on the relatively small dollar value of the pork and ignoring
the process that not only supports the pork, but enables larger and more
inefficient spending to occur, then we are headed for more trouble.

Yes I know what I want my Tea Bag to say.

Old March 21st 09, 09:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Bruce A. Frank

Mine read "Stop spending my money!"

Old March 21st 09, 10:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
cavelamb[_2_]

Stuart Fields wrote:

Yes I know what I want my Tea Bag to say.

A visual training aid...

What does a trillion dollars look like?

http://www.pagetutor.com/trillion/index.html