First Air B-737

Old July 22nd 10, 02:34 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Canuck[_10_]

Default First Air B-737

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P7216794.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	72.1 KB
ID:	43939
Old July 22nd 10, 03:50 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Alan Erskine[_4_]

On 22/07/2010 11:34 AM, Canuck wrote:

Still flying the -200 series? Man, Australian airlines got rid of those
things in the '90's and replaced them with -300's and have since
replaced the replacements with -800's and -900's as well as Embraers.
Unbelievable that aircraft that old are still in commercial service.
Old July 22nd 10, 05:30 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Canuck[_10_]

"Alan Erskine" wrote in message
nd.com...
On 22/07/2010 11:34 AM, Canuck wrote:

Still flying the -200 series? Man, Australian airlines got rid of those
things in the '90's and replaced them with -300's and have since replaced
the replacements with -800's and -900's as well as Embraers. Unbelievable
that aircraft that old are still in commercial service.

Yes, I agree. First Air is an aboriginal run airline and serves Northern
communities in Canada. I guess they were able to get several 200 series 737s
and operate with them as well as a few other types.

Our major carriers have much more modern fleets. Air Canada has a Boeing,
Airbus, Canadair/Bombardier, and Embraer fleet. WestJet is 737s only but
their fleet is very new and is mostly 700s and 800s.

Nick

Old July 23rd 10, 07:11 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Canuck[_10_]

"Edward" wrote in message
. ..
On 7/22/2010 9:50 AM, Alan Erskine wrote:
On 22/07/2010 11:34 AM, Canuck wrote:

Still flying the -200 series? Man, Australian airlines got rid of those
things in the '90's and replaced them with -300's and have since
replaced the replacements with -800's and -900's as well as Embraers.
Unbelievable that aircraft that old are still in commercial service.

Those are great aircraft to fly! Take it from me I have loads of stick
time on them as short hop cargo carriers (4 hours). You can get in and
out of places with them you can't with anything else with equitable
capacity. They are getting long on the tooth, but with avionic upgrades
and proper maintenance they are a very forgiving and enjoyable craft.

Yes, you are right! The aircraft is fitted with the rock/gravel "kit" and
you can see it attached to the nose gear. I'm amazed at where they can land
and takeoff with these aircraft.

Nick