Is Chris Thomas a Real Pilot?

Old August 27th 04, 01:13 PM
Barnyard BOb -

Like I said I didn't insult any of you. But as long as your at it, we all
know what you are, a non thinking, goat loving, BOAB republican who can't
even think for himself.

Stan K.

And you're close to illiterate, to use YOUR in your post, like that.

Oh me.
Oh my.

Using your criteria...
YOU'RE close to being an illiterate school teacher.

As I remember, YOU'RE a shameless school teacher
that doesn't spell for ****, but excuses himself because
he teaches shop... not English.

I would be willing to bet Bush would get that right.
--
Jim in NC

Don't bet the ranch.
You could easily become a homeless teacher
without a_ Corvair_ to live in. g

Barnyard BOb - pot, kettle, black.
Old August 27th 04, 01:29 PM
Barnyard BOb -

That would be your limitation, not his (and the F-102 is a heck of a
lot faster than 400mph as well). The info I have seen says he had 600
hours of flight time by the time he left the NG, and was rated in the
top 5% of the pilots by his commander.

Go to:
http://www.baptistboard.com/ubb/ulti...c/32/2181.html

for a good summary, if you would prefer to know the truth of the
matter rather than remaining in the fantasy land you're living in now.
Your call... perhaps you enjoy remaining (and appearing) so naive.

Mark Hickey

Bush may have logged 600 hours of flight time by the time
he left the Guard... if he had 400 before he went in.

It would be naive to believe that Bush flew anything
close to 600 legitimate hours as PIC in the Guard...
although a Baptist would never tell a lie or repeat
hearsay. g

Barnyard BOb - trust, but verify.
Old August 27th 04, 02:02 PM
RobertR237

Mark,

Who ever said he could fly an F-102? Do his records show he soloed an
F-102. Do you have his log books? I can't imagine him flying instruments at
400 mph without running into anything.

I have heard so many people say, I have "X" number of hours of flight time.
Then I ask, what did you fly? They respond, I was a chief mechanic in Hueys
in the army, I have over 800 hours flight time. So, I guess anyone who
flies on commercial airlines has a great deal of flight time too, all
sitting in the back seat going wherever the plane takes them. Just my two
cents.

Stan K. CFI

"Mark Hickey" wrote in message
.. .
(Del Rawlins) wrote:

On 27 Aug 2004 02:21:32 GMT,
osite (RobertR237)
wrote:

Like I said earlier,

B,BB,,BBB,,,,BBBB,,,,BUSH IS AN IDIOT.

Stan K.

Well if Bush is an idiot and he is President,

You must be a .... ah hell, never mind we know what you are.

Apparently, a stuttering idiot.

With a stuck CapLock key.

I always find it ironic that there are people in the world naive
enough to actually believe that an "idiot" could rise to the most
powerful position on earth. Not to mention that there aren't a lot of
"idiots" with SAT scores above 1200 (unadjusted - that would be higher
numerically today) and who have graduated from both Harvard and Yale.
And how many "idiots" would survive learning to fly F-102s?

By those standards, there wouldn't be many of us who aren't idiots.

Mark Hickey

Clearly you have not done any homework regarding Bush's military record and
your uninformed statements of the last few days are clear proof of that fact.
It is not enough to listen to a bunch of half backed detractors who will say
anything and everything to see to it that Bush is not re-elected. Do your
homework and you will find that Bush did indeed fly the F-102 and was a very
qualified pilot. Rather he has flown since then is of no material significance
because many pilots for one reason or another have quit flying. Sometimes, its
simply a case of not enjoying it, sometimes we just get busy with other things
and the years pile up.

Bob Reed

"Ladies and Gentlemen, take my advice,
(M.A.S.H. Sidney Freedman)

Old August 27th 04, 03:37 PM
PAW

"Jerry Springer" wrote in message
ink.net...
Corky Scott wrote:

As a young man Bush - drank and partied while flying stateside for the
National Guard thus avoiding serving in combat. Whether it was his
intent or not, he did not go.

Those were the processes by which these two men learned to lead.
Which process do you think might have the best chance to shape a
decisive leader?

Corky Scott

Corky, Corky, Corky
Are you saying that those that served in the NG should be less proud
of their service in the guard because they did not serve in Vietnam?
I did serve in vietnam and I do not think any less of those that stayed

state
side in the NG.

Bush does admit he had a drinking problem and overcame it, I believe that

is a
plus for him.

I well not ever forgive Kerry and his cronies for saying I committed

atrocities
in Vietnam. I say I because I do take it personally.

Also why is Kerry trying to suppress his own book called "The New

Soldier,"
that has a picture of a bunch of hippy types rising the American flag

upside down?

Jerry

" I well not ever forgive Kerry and his cronies for saying I committed
atrocities
in Vietnam. I say I because I do take it personally."

Are you trying to say what Kerry said was not true? No freefire zones, no
villages burned to the ground, nobody from the 101st collecting VC ears, no
TA312's being cranked on the nutsacks of NVA? You may not like what he
said, but it was true.

Phil

Old August 27th 04, 04:36 PM
Barnyard BOb -

[...]

==================================

GW Bush time line [abbreviated version]
-=-=-=-=-

GW entered the Guard May 28, 1968

Flight School ............. Nov 68 - Nov 69

Last physical [non pilot] ..... May 1971

G W Bush enrolls at Harvard - Oct 1, 1973

Discharged TANG - 8 month before 6 years

Source....
Chasing George W. Bush and the F-102
http://www.seanet.com/~johnco/bush102.htm

Barnyard BOb - trust, but verify

Old August 27th 04, 06:25 PM
Ken Finney

"Barnyard BOb -" wrote in message

[...]

Another datapoint, and a question.
1. On a www.democrats.com website it says that GWB had 300+ hours in the
F-102, has anyone seen better data than this?

2. Since I'm not a pilot, I'm curious as to how the pilots view the website
Barnyard BOb listed. To me, it sounds like someone who doesn't know about
aviation writing about it. Especially "If he flew the T-41A at Moody,
should have been his Primary Trainer in '68, he should have been able to fly
the Cessna 172 in '76". I have a Jeep CJ, but the first time I got into an
M38A1, I couldn't figure out how to start it.

Old August 27th 04, 10:29 PM
Matt Whiting

PAW wrote:

From: Corky Scott
Date: 8/26/2004 7:53 AM Central Daylight Time
On 26 Aug 2004 01:37:16 GMT,
osite (RobertR237)
wrote:

It was an issue in Kerry's campaign because he wants to try and use it

as

some

sort of leverage that he has better qualifications to be commander in

chief.

The democrats have been pushing the issue of Bush's National Guard

record

from

the very beginning. It also takes the heat off of Kerry's voting record

which

they really don't want advertised.

Fact: Kerry went to Vietnam and fought in combat. Fact: He was a
commander who commanded in combat. Regardless the medals issue and
those swift boat idiots who are funded by close Texan friends of Bush,
and who have direct connections to the Whitehouse whether Bush was
aware of it or not, he went and put himself and his men in harms way,
like all soldiers are supposed to, but sometimes don't. It is said by
many who fought in war that leading soldiers under fire is an all
encompassing leavening process, that it changes you forever and
teaches you to lead.

It's an issue because Bush, for whatever his reasons, chose not to go
to Vietnam, and that's a fact too. Yes he flew an F-102 but as
everyone who knew him and Bush himself admits, he mostly drank and
partied during those years. I would venture to say, there's no doubt
about this either, it's been extensively documented and Bush himself
admits to heavy drinking and partying during those years, as do those
who knew him.

As a young man Kerry - led men in deadly combat during the most
divisive conflict in American history. A conflict that our leaders
who took us there now admit was a HUGE mistake. Some, like Kerry,
figured this out while he was there. He not only had to command his
men, he also had to command his Swift Boat. Loose control of the boat
and you loose control of the situation and put your men in jeopardy.
Most readily admit that Swift Boat duty was tough and dangerous duty.

As a young man Bush - drank and partied while flying stateside for the
National Guard thus avoiding serving in combat. Whether it was his
intent or not, he did not go.

Those were the processes by which these two men learned to lead.
Which process do you think might have the best chance to shape a
decisive leader?

Corky Scott

Main Gott, you are comparing anvils to oranges. The leadership a man

learns in

combat is how to lead in combat not how to run a corporation. Successful
executives use managment, not leadership. There is a difference.

As for the drinking and partying I can tell you have never been in the
military. I am willing to bet kerry did exactly that between missions. I

know I

did when I was in Viet Nam in the Army.

Now then, why does kerry not talk about what he has done in his political

life?

Kerry is always alternating between bashing Bush and bring up his Viet Nam
service. I want to hear from kerry what his plans are if by some miracle

he

gets elected.

Now the most important question: what has any of this to do with homebuilt
aircraft?

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

George Bush has yet to run a successful corportation (or small business for
that matter) without a 'bail-out' from either taxpayers, or foreign
financial intervention (IE the Saudi family).

Also, I have yet to find ANYONE that was allowed to go to flight school with
less than a 6 year ACTIVE duty or reserve commitment. Kerry may be a chump,
but GW Bush is disgusting. How ANY Vet can support this ****-ant is beyond
me. This Vet won't vote for that pile of defecation.

What has this got to do with aircraft? Kerry is an active pilot. GW Bush is
a wanna-be that refused to fulfill his promise to the TANG. Kerry is a
'friend' of aviation. GW Bush is a.... ???

Bush as a moral compass, Kerry reads the polls, just like Clinton. If
the polls said that 77% of Americans supported legalizing murder, Kerry
would likely support it also.

Matt

Old August 27th 04, 10:31 PM
Matt Whiting

Stan Kap wrote:

Bob,

I don't have the skull and bones masonic connections and my daddy didn't
hand me a silver spoon. I also know the I know more than you'll ever know.
That's what I know.

That didn't stop Abe Lincoln and a few others. If you were smart, you'd
easily be able to overcome such trivial things.

Matt

Old August 27th 04, 10:33 PM
Matt Whiting

Stan Kap wrote:

Well guys,

I've had all the fun I can have with you, I'm leaving this news group for
greener pastures.

We'll miss you. Just kidding!

No hard feelings,

Likewise.