Air Iron Maiden

Old January 3rd 08, 10:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
gatt[_2_]

Default Air Iron Maiden

I used to go see these guys in concert when I was in high school and
everybody said heavy metal music was for drug addicts, devil worshippers,
dropouts and losers.

My inner 15-year-old has just declared victory.

http://www.ironmaiden.com/index.php?..._articleid=731

The pilot is singer Bruce Dickenson. http://www.ironmaiden.com The name
might be familiar from the "More Cowbell!" skit from Saturday Night Live.

Checklist:

-Become a heavy metal star, make records, get rich, meet girls, tour the
world: Check
-Without requiring rehab: Check
-Make a comeback in your 40s (50s?): Check
-Be lampooned by Christopher Walken on SNL: Check
-Have your band art painted on the side of a jet plane: Check
-Earn your ATP: Check
-Fill your jet with fans and fly the jet: Check

These guys apparently still put on great shows, and although I don't claim
fame, I can confess that I will be signing autographs on Saturday and
studying for the CFI written on Sunday. Great way to start 2008!

Fortunately I didn't idolize George Michael.

-c

Old January 3rd 08, 11:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Robert M. Gary

On Jan 3, 2:25*pm, "gatt" wrote:
[...]

"Put them in the Iron Maiden"
"Excellent"
"Execute them"
"Bogus"

-Robert
Old January 3rd 08, 11:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
gatt[_2_]

"Robert M. Gary" wrote in message

Fortunately I didn't idolize George Michael.

"Put them in the Iron Maiden"
"Excellent"
"Execute them"
"Bogus"

LOL! Totally!

"Everything I Need to Know, I've Learned from Iron Maiden"

"Powerslave's "Aces High" transports you right into the cockpit of a fighter
jet- ducking, diving and firing against the enemy in World War 2's Battle Of
Britain. Maiden's depiction of this epic WW2 aerial dogfight is so vivid,
it's not hard for the listener to imagine what it was like putting those
Vietnamese *******s in their place..."
http://www.spazoutny.com/ironmaiden.htm

-c

Old January 4th 08, 02:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
B A R R Y[_2_]

gatt wrote:

These guys apparently still put on great shows

I saw opening night of last year's tour in Hartford, and it was
fantastic! The guys have actually taken care of themselves and aged well.

Besides Dickinson, the drummer is also a multi-engine rated pilot.

Iron Maiden has nothing to do with the "More Cowbell" skit. That was
Blue Oyster Cult! G

Old January 4th 08, 07:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
NW_Pilot

Oh, when I was in Paris in December they had posters up all over the place
on the rail line from CDG to downtown promoting a concert that would have
been cool to go see... Metal is still alive and well in the I.U. Long live
Eddie. (and not the cruisers)