TSA rule, what does this mean?

Old April 18th 07, 02:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mark T. Dame

Default TSA rule, what does this mean?

Robert M. Gary wrote:

What do you think the "flight training not "lead(ing) to an FAA
certificate or type rating" refers to?

"I don't care about landing, I just want to know how to fly it."

I've known a couple of people (and heard of others) who took lesson for
years with no intention of ever getting their license (or even soloing
in some cases). One example was an old guy who flew out of the first
FBO I flew out of. He had lots of money, but sucked as a pilot. He had
hundreds of hours, almost all of it dual. He loved flying, but knew he
wasn't any good at it, so he was satisfied to just fly around with
instructor.

The other type would be someone who can't get a medical, but wants to
fly. He/she could fly all they want with an instructor, but will never
get a certificate.

I suppose those cases could be looked at as glorified passenger rides,
but I would take that paragraph to mean these types of operations.

-m
--
## Mark T. Dame
## CP-ASEL, AGI
Old April 18th 07, 08:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Nomen Nescio writes:

Back in the early 70's when I was in High School, every Spring we
had a one day event called "Seminar Day". On Seminar Day, the
teachers would hold classes on subjects determined by a student
vote. By far, the most popular seminar (which was finally moved to the
auditorium after a couple of years, and was "standing room only") was
titled "The Chemistry of Explosions". The end of the seminar featured
a trip out to the athletic field to watch theory put into practice.
I would hazard a guess that they don't do that anymore.

In high school we liked to play around with drops of mercury in our palms, or
sticking a finger in a beaker of mercury (difficult to to, actually, since
it's so heavy). But I read not long ago about a high school in which someone
found a drop of mercury on the floor and the entire school and neighborhood
was evacuated while hazmat teams moved in to clean up.

Old April 18th 07, 08:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_2_]

Mxsmanic wrote in
:

Nomen Nescio writes:

Back in the early 70's when I was in High School, every Spring we
had a one day event called "Seminar Day". On Seminar Day, the
teachers would hold classes on subjects determined by a student
vote. By far, the most popular seminar (which was finally moved to
the auditorium after a couple of years, and was "standing room only")
was titled "The Chemistry of Explosions". The end of the seminar
featured a trip out to the athletic field to watch theory put into
practice.
I would hazard a guess that they don't do that anymore.

In high school we liked to play around with drops of mercury in our
palms

Ahh, it becomes clearer now.

Berti e
Old April 18th 07, 08:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gig 601XL Builder

Mxsmanic wrote:

In high school we liked to play around with drops of mercury in our
palms, or sticking a finger in a beaker of mercury (difficult to to,
actually, since it's so heavy).

That explains a lot.

From Wikipedia, "Mercury, like lead, is a neurotoxin, and elevated blood
mercury levels lead to retardation and deformities in children."

Sorry, I couldn't help myself.

Old April 18th 07, 09:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Maxwell

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
Nomen Nescio writes:

[...]

I could come up with a couple gallons of the old high quality lead based
paint, if you want to redo your bedroom, opps, I mean flight deck.

Old April 18th 07, 09:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Gig 601XL Builder writes:

From Wikipedia, "Mercury, like lead, is a neurotoxin, and elevated blood
mercury levels lead to retardation and deformities in children."

Read all of the article, and especially read the separate article on mercury
poisoning.

Sorry, I couldn't help myself.

You should try to. You might be surprised to learn who wrote some of those
articles.

Old April 19th 07, 11:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_2_]

Mxsmanic wrote in
:

Gig 601XL Builder writes:

From Wikipedia, "Mercury, like lead, is a neurotoxin, and elevated
blood mercury levels lead to retardation and deformities in
children."

Read all of the article, and especially read the separate article on
mercury poisoning.

Sorry, I couldn't help myself.

You should try to. You might be surprised to learn who wrote some of
those articles.

Bwawahwhhahwhahwhahhwhahwhahw!

Whoosh!

Bertie
Old April 21st 07, 02:54 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Blueskies

"Jose" wrote in message . net...
: Here's the latest...Only TSA approved folks can use MS Flight Sim...
: ;-)
:
: Yeah, I see the smiley, but I'm not convinced it won't come to that.
: Amazing it's still legal to teach chemistry.
:
: Jose
: --
: Get high on gasoline: fly an airplane.
: for Email, make the obvious change in the address.

Be safe...be very very safe....

Let us help you...

:-]

Is this 51% Rule compliant? Paul Tomblin Home Built 5 August 4th 06 03:47 AM
Two Lock Rule? Robert M. Gary Piloting 62 June 16th 05 05:00 AM
New TSA Rule NW_PILOT Piloting 18 October 27th 04 12:35 AM
New TSA Rule G.R. Patterson III Piloting 0 October 23rd 04 04:12 PM
51% rule Robert Bates Home Built 12 August 1st 03 09:06 PM