remote oil filter for expermental

Old November 10th 03, 08:09 PM
Billc851

Default remote oil filter for expermental

I tried to make a block off plate for my O-290 engine to connect a remote
oil filter- it worked except the oil pressure went from 90psi to 120psi-

I am using champion ac filter ch-48108 & 1/2 lines-

Everything is plummed right- (engine oil out to filter-in, etc)

Whats different about the lycoming engine?

Old November 11th 03, 12:49 AM
Jerry Wass

!doctype html public "-//w3c//dtd html 4.0 transitional//en"
html
Watch out for those die cast remote filter brackrets--I had one with fittings
screwed in it and it sat on the floor and age-cracked!!---so I machined
one out of 1" plate.
pBillc851 wrote:
blockquote TYPE=CITEI tried to make a block off plate for my O-290 engine
to connect a remote
broil filter- it worked except the oil pressure went from 90psi to 120psi-
pI am using champion ac filter ch-48108 & 1/2 lines-
pEverything is plummed right- (engine oil out to filter-in, etc)
pWhats different about the lycoming engine?/blockquote
/html

Old November 11th 03, 06:26 AM
Drew Dalgleish

On Mon, 10 Nov 2003 15:09:14 -0500, "Billc851"
wrote:

I tried to make a block off plate for my O-290 engine to connect a remote
oil filter- it worked except the oil pressure went from 90psi to 120psi-

I am using champion ac filter ch-48108 & 1/2 lines-

Everything is plummed right- (engine oil out to filter-in, etc)

Whats different about the lycoming engine?

On my 0-290 I just plumbed the filter in-line with the oil cooler and
left the screens in place. I'm using a die cast filter bracket that I
bought at a VW speed shop with an automotive filter.
Drew