Chart subscriptions

Old January 15th 04, 12:32 AM
Dave Anderer

Default Chart subscriptions

Any suggestions for a good internet-available, good service,
well-priced chart subscription service?

I've used vrotate.com for individual chart purchases. Good price and
service, but the site is - well - less than I might hope for. No
support for subscriptions (that is evidently done via email.)

Also recently tried ipilot.com. Very nice site, but their service has
been completely unacceptable. (None of my subscriptions for December
25 shipped on-time, and despite several conversations with them I
still see no evidence they have shipped even now.)

Is there a "good" choice out there?
Old January 15th 04, 01:19 AM
Dan Truesdell

I use Sporty's. Usually get the charts within a day or two of release.

--
Remove "2PLANES" to reply.

Old January 15th 04, 01:20 AM
Paul Tomblin

In a previous article, Dave Anderer said:
Any suggestions for a good internet-available, good service,
well-priced chart subscription service?

flyairways.com. Good price, fantastic service.

--
Paul Tomblin http://xcski.com/blogs/pt/
So logically, if she weighs the same as a duck, she's made of wood, and
Old January 15th 04, 02:08 AM
John Clonts

"Dave Anderer" wrote in message
Any suggestions for a good internet-available, good service,
well-priced chart subscription service?

I've used vrotate.com for individual chart purchases. Good price and
service, but the site is - well - less than I might hope for. No
support for subscriptions (that is evidently done via email.)

Also recently tried ipilot.com. Very nice site, but their service has
been completely unacceptable. (None of my subscriptions for December
25 shipped on-time, and despite several conversations with them I
still see no evidence they have shipped even now.)

Is there a "good" choice out there?

myairplane.com -- They made good on an order on which *I* had made a mistake
about a year and a half ago, and I have had my NACO chart subscriptions with
them since then. Quite happy, never a problem!

Cheers,
John Clonts
Temple, Texas
N7NZ

Old January 15th 04, 03:43 PM
Peter R.

John Clonts ) wrote:

myairplane.com -- They made good on an order on which *I* had made a mistake
about a year and a half ago, and I have had my NACO chart subscriptions with
them since then. Quite happy, never a problem!

I didn't know myairplane.com sells chart subscriptions. They offer free
browsing and printing of approach plates and charts on their web site, but
I don't see where they sell subscriptions.

By any chance you are not confusing them with www.mypilotstore.com, are
you?

I use mypilotstore.com for my VFR sectional chart subscription for the last
year and a half and have had no problems. The charts are reasonably priced
and the shipping is free.

For my IFR charts I use Jeppesen's Airway Manual and I simply buy my AF/D's
at the FBO, since mypilotstore charges $3.50 above the cost of the
directory to ship those every few months.

--
Peter

Old January 15th 04, 08:11 PM
gross_arrow

Dave Anderer wrote in message . ..
Any suggestions for a good internet-available, good service,
well-priced chart subscription service?

I've used vrotate.com for individual chart purchases. Good price and
service, but the site is - well - less than I might hope for. No
support for subscriptions (that is evidently done via email.)

Also recently tried ipilot.com. Very nice site, but their service has
been completely unacceptable. (None of my subscriptions for December
25 shipped on-time, and despite several conversations with them I
still see no evidence they have shipped even now.)

Is there a "good" choice out there?

huh?

from the web page:

-quote-
Vrotate.com offers subscriptions for all FAA (formerly NOS), NIMA,
DoD, and DMA products. Clicking on the link at the bottom of the page
will take you to our secure order form for both FAA VFR and IFR
products (for the other Agencies, please send us an e-mail at
with the products you'd like to subscribe to).
From there, you may enter the quantity for each chart item that you
would like us to send to you on a regular basis.

We also offer various books of interest at special sale prices for new
subscribers (which may be ordered from this page).
-endquote-

if you're satisfied with them, why switch?
g_a
Old January 15th 04, 11:59 PM
John Clonts

"Peter R." wrote in message
John Clonts ) wrote:

[...]

Aack! slaps head

Yes, exactly, I meant www.mypilotstore.com!

Cheers,
John

Old January 18th 04, 07:59 PM
Jeff Krider

I like the Airchart format especially for the enroutes. I'll probably
renew my subscription to the IFR Low Enroute and the VFR Sectionals
this year but will sign up for a service for my plates. The price for
the entire package was approx 50% of the full NOS subscription.
I think they are at www.airchart.com.
Old January 18th 04, 08:07 PM
Paul Tomblin

In a previous article, Jeff Krider said:
I like the Airchart format especially for the enroutes. I'll probably
renew my subscription to the IFR Low Enroute and the VFR Sectionals
this year but will sign up for a service for my plates. The price for

I tried the Airchart thing this year. I love the IFR Low Enroute, but I
didn't like all the hassle of updating the plates.

--
Paul Tomblin http://xcski.com/blogs/pt/
"Fly the airplane, then work the problem"