I've had it with Chinese tools!

Old November 21st 06, 01:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Juan Jimenez[_1_]

Default I've had it with Chinese tools!

"jls" wrote in message
ups.com...

Owe R. wrote:
"Juan Jimenez" wrote
I've had it with the El Cheapo Corp. tools. ....

Try Stahlwille, god German high quality tools.

God German, huh?

I went and looked at their safety wire twisters at their website.
Gosh, I would have bought them instead of the Snap-Ons if I had known.
Thanks for the tip.

http://www.stahlwilleaerospace.com/WireTwist.html

Did you find prices? I went to that web site and there's no prices that I
can see.

Old November 21st 06, 02:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
ChuckSlusarczyk

In article , Dan says...

Byron Covey wrote:
Congratulations, guys. It took you longer then usual to start the personal
insults.

Please take your insults off the list.

Thank you.

BJC

"Juan Jimenez" wrote in message
.. .
"Dan" wrote in message
Juan Jimenez wrote:
Hmm. Does ACE have things like safety wire pliers?

For crying out loud, yawn, learn to safety by hand. I can safety one
handed in many places the pliers won't fit.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired
Sure, Dan, and wheels used to be made out of rock too. You go.

Thank you for your concern, if I decide to start personally insulting
someone I will take your suggestion into mind. Please note in this case
I made no insult.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

Watch out Dan the Hall Moniters are watching LOL!!

See ya

Chuck (I got 3 pairs of Safety wire pliers) S

Old November 21st 06, 05:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Juan Jimenez[_1_]

"ChuckSlusarczyk" wrote in message

Look what slimed in, seems like they always crawl up in pairs to screw up
perfectly good topics...

Old November 21st 06, 05:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Richard Isakson

"Juan Jimenez" wrote ...
Look what slimed in, seems like they always crawl up in pairs to screw up

perfectly good topics...

You have no room to talk, Juan. You started this thread with a racial
insult.- "Tools built by people of Chinese extraction are poorly build".
That's not true. Perhaps you should change the title of the thread to
"Puerto Ricans BUY poor tools". That's the problem here, you bought lousy
tools.

Rich

Old November 21st 06, 07:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Jim Stewart

Juan Jimenez wrote:

At $100 a pop for the smallest set of safety wire pliers? I don't think so.
I am not interested in subsidizing airshow display trailers and parties,
performer sponsorships, etc. What I want is realiable tools at reasonable
prices.

I feel your pain.

30 years ago, there was middle grades of tools
that were reasonably priced and would last a
lifetime. The middle ground seems to have
disappeared.

I'm still ok with the most expensive grade of
Craftsman tools. They are not as good as they
used to be, but are still better than most of
the crap in hardware stores.

As to the safety wire pliers, I'd expect to
pay $100 for a quality pair. They are a low
volume item and must be assembled from several
parts. Even a decent pair of vicegrips cost
$20 these days and they probably turn them
out in the 100's of thousands.

Keep an eye on military surplus sales. You
might find the one you used in the Marines (:
I'd certainly like to have the one that was
in my toolbox in the Army.

Old November 21st 06, 09:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Morgans[_2_]

"Richard Isakson" wrote in message
"Juan Jimenez" wrote ...
Look what slimed in, seems like they always crawl up in pairs to screw up

perfectly good topics...

You have no room to talk, Juan. You started this thread with a racial
insult.- "Tools built by people of Chinese extraction are poorly build".
That's not true. Perhaps you should change the title of the thread to
"Puerto Ricans BUY poor tools". That's the problem here, you bought lousy
tools.

Not a racial insult, when it is true that the nation of China has low quality
steel, which they do.
--
Jim in NC

Old November 21st 06, 09:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Morgans[_2_]

"jls" wrote

I went and looked at their safety wire twisters at their website.
Gosh, I would have bought them instead of the Snap-Ons if I had known.
Thanks for the tip.

http://www.stahlwilleaerospace.com/WireTwist.html

Perhaps I'm dense, but how do you find the prices, and then go about ordering
their tools? I didn't see how to do that, on their site.
--
Jim in NC

Old November 21st 06, 10:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
jls

Juan Jimenez wrote:
"jls" wrote in message
ups.com...

Owe R. wrote:
"Juan Jimenez" wrote
I've had it with the El Cheapo Corp. tools. ....

Try Stahlwille, god German high quality tools.

God German, huh?

I went and looked at their safety wire twisters at their website.
Gosh, I would have bought them instead of the Snap-Ons if I had known.
Thanks for the tip.

http://www.stahlwilleaerospace.com/WireTwist.html

Did you find prices? I went to that web site and there's no prices that I
can see.

I can't find them now, but did find a TN company, Samstag, where you
can special order them at roughly the same price:
http://www.samstagsales.com/stahlwille.htm#webspecial

Old November 21st 06, 11:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Juan Jimenez[_1_]

"Morgans" wrote in message

"jls" wrote

I went and looked at their safety wire twisters at their website.
Gosh, I would have bought them instead of the Snap-Ons if I had known.
Thanks for the tip.

http://www.stahlwilleaerospace.com/WireTwist.html

Perhaps I'm dense, but how do you find the prices, and then go about
ordering their tools? I didn't see how to do that, on their site.
--
Jim in NC

Neither did I, and when I went to the US web site those tools are not
listed. ???

Old November 21st 06, 11:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Juan Jimenez[_1_]

"jls" wrote in message
ups.com...

Juan Jimenez wrote:
"jls" wrote in message
ups.com...

Owe R. wrote:
"Juan Jimenez" wrote
I've had it with the El Cheapo Corp. tools. ....

Try Stahlwille, god German high quality tools.

God German, huh?

I went and looked at their safety wire twisters at their website.
Gosh, I would have bought them instead of the Snap-Ons if I had known.
Thanks for the tip.

http://www.stahlwilleaerospace.com/WireTwist.html

Did you find prices? I went to that web site and there's no prices that I
can see.

I can't find them now, but did find a TN company, Samstag, where you
can special order them at roughly the same price:
http://www.samstagsales.com/stahlwille.htm#webspecial

$121 for a small pair of safety wire pliers. Not...