Best route to SNF from New England...

Old March 15th 05, 04:14 AM
pho

Default Best route to SNF from New England...

Has anybody flown to SNF from New England ( Southern VT)? Whats the best
route (VFR)? Last trip was 1996 and I sure things have changed since
then.. Can you still fly the VHF corridor between Regan & Dulles?
Pete

Old March 15th 05, 02:24 PM
Marc J. Zeitlin

pho asked:

Has anybody flown to SNF from New England ( Southern VT)? Whats the

best
route (VFR)? Last trip was 1996 and I sure things have changed since
then..

Here's the route I take from FIT-LAL (Fitchburg, MA):

First Leg:

FIT-JFK-N12-SBY-SFQ

If you can't go OVER the NY Class B (due to weather), take the VFR
Hudson River Corridor. Stop for gas in SFQ - get some food.

Second Leg:

SFQ-MYR-8S5-SVN-55J-DED-LAL

There are some small hitches along the way to avoid some Class B
airspace near Orlando, but if you're high enough, you avoid any Class D
and Class C along the way. You do fly through some MOA's.

....Can you still fly the VHF corridor between Regan & Dulles?

VHF corridor? You mean VFR? No, although you CAN still fly the VFR
Hudson River corridor in NYC.

--
Marc J. Zeitlin
http://marc.zeitlin.home.comcast.net/

Old March 15th 05, 10:58 PM
Rich Ahrens

Marc J. Zeitlin wrote:
VHF corridor? You mean VFR? No, although you CAN still fly the VFR
Hudson River corridor in NYC.

As long as there's no Yankees game...
Old March 15th 05, 11:01 PM
Errol Groff

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 23:14:36 -0500, pho
wrote:

Has anybody flown to SNF from New England ( Southern VT)? Whats the best
route (VFR)? Last trip was 1996 and I sure things have changed since
then.. Can you still fly the VHF corridor between Regan & Dulles?
Pete

I can't resist.

Going south keep the ocean on the left. Coming back the ocean should
be on the right.

Old March 16th 05, 04:05 AM
Highflyer

wrote:

Has anybody flown to SNF from New England ( Southern VT)? Whats the best
route (VFR)? Last trip was 1996 and I sure things have changed since
then.. Can you still fly the VHF corridor between Regan & Dulles?
Pete

I can't resist.

Going south keep the ocean on the left. Coming back the ocean should
be on the right.

Yah. I do that from the midwest. I go east to the first ocean and take a
right.

Highflyer

Old March 16th 05, 04:23 AM
UltraJohn

Highflyer wrote:

I can't resist.

Going south keep the ocean on the left. Coming back the ocean should
be on the right.

Yah. I do that from the midwest. I go east to the first ocean and take a
right.

Highflyer

Good ones!
I'm glad the world still has a sense of humour!
John

PS i don't like landing at SFQ I hate mixing it up with the jumpers g

Old March 16th 05, 04:46 AM
Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

wrote:

Has anybody flown to SNF from New England ( Southern VT)? Whats the best
route (VFR)? Last trip was 1996 and I sure things have changed since
then.. Can you still fly the VHF corridor between Regan & Dulles?
Pete

I can't resist.

Going south keep the ocean on the left. Coming back the ocean should
be on the right.

Yah. I do that from the midwest. I go east to the first ocean and take a
right.

Highflyer

What ever happened to IFR (I follow railroads)?

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired