Crash Videos

Old September 10th 04, 02:23 PM
SelwayKid

"Dudley Henriques" wrote in message link.net...
"SelwayKid" wrote in message
om...
I don't claim to be a
co-author of any noteworthy publications that weigh 7 pounds and
relate to flight safety.

Just a slight correction here, and the rest of the post is fine.

Well crap....my award winning response got dumped by my server.
Dudley, I am overwhelmed that you approve of the rest of my post. Fact
is, I could care less if you approve or not. While I admire much of
what you have done, it smacks of elitism and low tolerance for anyone
who doesn't agree with you. As for your talents and experience doing
low level manuevers, can you state how many hours you have flying at
or below 200'agl? I can show a logbook that indicates about 12,000
hours of it in ag work crop dusting. I know at least two ag pilots who
went into the airshow circuit, Wayne Handley and Sean Tucker. Wayne is
a good friend of mine and we've had ample opportunity to discuss the
similarities of aerobatics to ag work and his airshow routines.
All your discussion of what YOU thought of a particular accident may
differ radically from what I see or perceived. From that point on its
discussion or argument.
In the years I have read your posts, and the email arguments we have
had, I maintain you are dazzled by your own brilliance that is only
second to mine. I try to use my stupid mistakes to help others learn
from them while you seem to pontificate and its either your way or the
highway/runway??? ggg
Geeeezzz, I guess thats why I sign off as..
Ol Shy & Bashful

"Zero Error Margin" is a stand alone volume completely written by Gen
Des Barker of the SAAF. Gen Barker gathered together an international
team of professional air show demonstration pilots who contributed their
time and energy to the project at no charge.
The book contains probably the world's most comprehensive data base on
air show related accidents ranging from 1952 to the present. All major
and even minor accidents were covered complete with full reports, and
reviews from professional demonstration pilots who comment on how these
accidents might have been prevented.
Although my comments appear throughout the book on various subjects
relating to airshow demonstration flight safety, demonstration pilot
physical and mental conditioning, and misc other comment, my main
contribution was a comprehensive report on low altitude vertical
recoveries in vintage prop fighters which appears in the chapter "Flying
the Demonstration". This report was also carried in Aeroplane Monthly
Feb issue 2004 in a feature article by Gen Barker "Precision Decision"
I was simply a small part of a world wide team invited to take part in
this project.
I was NOT the co-author of the book.
Returning you now to your discussion.
Dudley Henriques
International Fighter Pilots Fellowship

Old September 10th 04, 03:54 PM
Dudley Henriques

"SelwayKid" wrote in message
om...

All your discussion of what YOU thought of a particular accident may
differ radically from what I see or perceived. From that point on its
discussion or argument.

I'm sorry to correct you once more, but the above comment could not in
any way relate to me at all.
The entire gist of what I've been saying, (when I wasn't losing my
temper that is), about accident comment is that it's virtually useless
unless accompanied by expert investigative quality opinion from someone
intimately familiar
with a specific crash. It's for that reason I DECLINED comment, and in
fact, very rarely get involved in accident discussion about accidents
that I'm not
completely familiar with.
Actually, my thoughts on this would be somewhat compatible with yours.

About your experience comments;
It's good to have pilots as experienced as you are on Usenet.
It will be nice if you can use this experience to comment on issues
where you
have expertise. I'm sure your comment will be welcomed on Usenet as the
quality of your information is assessed over time as mine has been
assessed over time.
All the best to you,

Old September 10th 04, 10:25 PM
Jim Fisher

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message

Well, you got most of that right... :-)

Ya right.

So are you doin' any flying, or what? Don't even tell me you're back on
the ground for another year!

Still a bottom dweller at the moment but things are ever-so-slowly looking
up. My business has survived the past three years. If I can weather that,
I oughta be able to weather anything.

So, perhaps this year. Perhaps not. Until then, I'll just keep looking up.

--
Jim Fisher

Old September 12th 04, 07:12 AM
Ditch

Don't forget "certificate waiving" and "pompous" . . . and the longest sig
in Usenet.

Ah...but is his sig as arrogant and offensive as mine?

-John
*You are nothing until you have flown a Douglas, Lockheed, Grumman or North
American*