paint like polish?

Old January 15th 04, 03:54 AM
ivo welch

Default paint like polish?

hi chaps: I need to repaint my aircraft. Problem is that I like the
look of polish (i.e., shiny aluminum) rather than paint; but from what
I understand, polish requires a lot more maintenance. unfortunately,
I do not have the time to maintain it in the condition necessary, and
my local aviation shops charge $60/hour. (labor is more expensive
than materials here on almost everything.) so, is there a method to
"polish and protect" once and have it last for a long time without
maintenance requirements? (there are silicon sealants for paints, but
I do not believe they work on polish.) or, is there a paint that
looks like shiny aluminum? if you know, could you please point me to
some webpages to read up on?

sincerely, /iaw
Old January 15th 04, 11:24 AM
Occom

"Drew Dalgleish" wrote in message

I haven't tried this but I keep considering it every time I polish my
plane.
http://www.nyalic.com/

Drew Dalgleish

I have used Nyalic and it is NOT what you want. It is great for small shiny
castings but can crack and peel over time, and it is a real bitch to remove.
My advice to this guy ( worth nothing) is pick a really creative and
expensive paint job, it will look great and cost you less.

Old January 15th 04, 05:28 PM
Henry and Debbie McFarland

Nuvite. Try this link for info:

http://www.popav.com/Luscombe/ListTe...eDtl.asp?id=23

Deb

--
1946 Luscombe 8A (His)
1948 Luscombe 8E (Hers)

om...

Old January 21st 04, 05:24 PM
Paul Sengupta

http://makeashorterlink.com/?L2EF53327

A previous discussion.

Paul

"Stu Gotts" wrote in message
Find it and you'll be a very rich man.

Old January 21st 04, 05:47 PM
Paul Sengupta

But having said that,

http://makeashorterlink.com/?G1C021427

Glass wax. Though someone said that it's not as good as car wax
for keeping a shine.

Paul