2016 Region 2 - May 23-28 - Mifflin County Airport - Reedsville PA

Old January 29th 16, 02:04 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
J9

Default 2016 Region 2 - May 23-28 - Mifflin County Airport - Reedsville PA

It's never too early to sign up for Mifflin!
Monday May 23 - Saturday May 28 (Practice Day Sunday May 22)

http://www.ssa.org/Contests?cid=2336

A few items of note:
Mifflin Soaring Assoc has taken over sponsorship of the contest. Karl and Iris are still part of Team Mifflin, they're just are taking a much-deserved break from 20+ years of contest management. MSA will carry on in the fine tradition they have established!

The contest is 6 days long this year. All y'all attending the 18m Nationals in SC have time to drive up on Saturday and not miss any of the contest, including the practice day. A couple of pilots are already planning to do this.

We will have an "OLC" class for pilots who want to participate but not fly in the normal regional contest classes. Pilots may select their own tasks or fly the FAI or Sports task. Flights will be scored using the OLC and daily best performances will be recognized. Coaching and mentoring will be available. It's a great way to experience competition flying! If you are interested in flying the OLC Class, just register as a Guest and I'll contact you individually with other details.

Whether it will be your first or 100th time, come fly Mifflin!

Janine - R2 Contest Manager
Old January 29th 16, 08:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andrew Ainslie

Woo hoo! Can't wait, Janine! Teri and I are thoroughly looking forward to it.
Old February 8th 16, 09:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

For those that want to 'practice' Mifflin before competing there, a new Condor photorealistic scenery of is available at gliderracing.com. The SD version should suffice but if you want high res, choose the HD version.
Old March 30th 16, 09:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

There's still time to sign up for Region 2 Mifflin!

Monday May 23 - Saturday May 28 (Official Practice Day Sunday May 22)
http://www.ssa.org/Contests?cid=2336

Just a reminder that we moved the start of the contest one day to provide spacing with the 18m Nats. You guys have time to caravan up with 98 and enjoy Central PA in May! Tows will be available Sat May 21 as well.

Besides the fabulous flying, we'll have our famous Glick Fish Fry, Snookie Ice Cream Truck, and NEW this year...a firepit!...so bring your stories/lies, harmonicas, cigars and brandy.

Janine - R2 Contest Manager