tigermoth,airindia

Old December 22nd 07, 05:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default tigermoth,airindia

Hello,
my friend is ceremoniously collecting various airindia miniature plane
models and is short of the miniature tigermoth which also happened
to be one of the flights flown by his father. I would appreciate if
any of the esteemed readers could point a direction to were I could
get one ? or if any one of you'll have it with them and would like to
give it for a price, believe me this goes into a genuine collection
and would be much appreciated. Thanks very much for all your help.
Old December 22nd 07, 09:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]

" wrote in
:

Hello,
my friend is ceremoniously collecting various airindia miniature plane
models and is short of the miniature tigermoth which also happened
to be one of the flights flown by his father. I would appreciate if
any of the esteemed readers could point a direction to were I could
get one ? or if any one of you'll have it with them and would like to
give it for a price, believe me this goes into a genuine collection
and would be much appreciated. Thanks very much for all your help.

Easiest thing is to probably get one made up. there are plenty of places
that sell Tiger Moth models, just get someone to paint it up in the desired
colors.

Bertie
Old December 22nd 07, 03:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On Dec 22, 2:42*pm, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
" wrote :

Hello,
my friend is ceremoniously collecting various airindia miniature plane
models *and is short of *the miniature *tigermoth which also happened
to be one of the flights flown by his father. I would appreciate if
any of the esteemed readers could point a direction to were I could
get one ? or if any one of you'll have it with them and would like to
give it for a price, believe me this goes into a genuine collection
and would be much appreciated. Thanks very much for all your help.

Easiest thing is to probably get one made up. there are plenty of places
that sell Tiger Moth models, just get someone to paint it up in the desired
colors.

Bertie

Hello Gertie,
Thanks for your message... let me know were they sell it ? address /
contact details would be much appreciated.
Old December 22nd 07, 03:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]

" wrote in
:

On Dec 22, 2:42*pm, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
" wrote
innews:ce1922d

:

[...]

Look on Ebay for tiger moth models. You'll find hundreds of them, I'm
sure. Many will be customm made wooden models mad in Taiwan or Korea.
SOme of these places take orders for custom aircraft so all you'll hav
to do is send them a three view of the livery for the Air India ones.
I take it the Air india airplanes were used for training Cadets in the
old days?

Bertie
Old December 22nd 07, 05:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ron Wanttaja

On Sat, 22 Dec 2007 07:31:23 -0800 (PST), "
wrote:

my friend is ceremoniously collecting various airindia miniature plane
models *and is short of *the miniature *tigermoth which also happened
to be one of the flights flown by his father. I would appreciate if
any of the esteemed readers could point a direction to were I could
get one ? or if any one of you'll have it with them and would like to
give it for a price, believe me this goes into a genuine collection
and would be much appreciated. Thanks very much for all your help.

Easiest thing is to probably get one made up. there are plenty of places
that sell Tiger Moth models, just get someone to paint it up in the desired
colors.

Hello Gertie,
Thanks for your message... let me know were they sell it ? address /
contact details would be much appreciated.

This outfit sells a nice Tiger Moth:

http://www.thconline.com/deti82arafmi.html

I got a model from them this summer, and it's very nice. You can probably
contact them regarding a custom paint scheme.

Ron Wanttaja
Old December 22nd 07, 06:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

wrote:
[...]

Ron Wanttaja- Hide quoted text -

Hi Ron,
Thanks for the link... they do have nice ones, let me write to them
for the custom paint scheme....
regards
suresh